[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have a lot of ideas and "stuff to say"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1451273218002.png (124 KB, 380x353) Image search: [Google]
1451273218002.png
124 KB, 380x353
Does anyone else have a lot of ideas and "stuff to say" but not enough technical ability to get it out in a good way? This is honestly a retarded dilemma because it feels like I have to spend years making my writing better before finally expressing (in a relatively acceptable manner) what I have to say in this current moment. It's like holding a shit for 3-5 years straight.
>>
>It's like holding a shit for 3-5 years straight.

I don't know, dude, you sound pretty eloquent.
>>
>>7891415

I don't have a lot of "stuff" to say philosophically. I don't put myself up on a pedestal compared to anyone else really.

However, I will admit my day dreams are very lucid, and I have the feeling I may be alone on the way I perceive the world, or at least "feel" about it.

I want to write in hopes of connecting my feelings to someone as best as possible, and maybe probing a reader's mind will help me in knowing if I am truly alone or not.
>>
Yes I actually feel the same way sometimes.
This is in large part why I read. It's in me. The world and its wisdom is all in me, but there are times it feels trapped within my vessel. And so I read to gain knowledge to gain wisdom to say and speak the virtue and glory that I know is deep down in my heart.
>>
I have "stuff to say" but then I open the blank document and as soon as I see that empty page my mind says "What's the point?" and so I don't type out the idea and wallow in my misery instead.
>>
File: 1451858670958.jpg (28 KB, 282x362) Image search: [Google]
1451858670958.jpg
28 KB, 282x362
>>7891429
Hey thanks, anon ;)
>>
That's because you think in English, a retarded language with no real capabilities to express real thoughts
>>
'A work of art that wants the right form is for that very reason no right or true work of art: and it is a bad way of excusing an artist, to say that the content of his works is good and even excellent, though they want the right form. Real works of art are those where content and form exhibit a thorough identity. The content of the Iliad, it may be said, is the Trojan war, and especially the wrath of Achilles. In that we have everything, and yet very little after all; for the Iliad is made an Iliad by the poetic form, in which that content is molded. The content of Romeo and Juliet may similarly be said to be the ruin of two lovers through the discord between their families: but something more is needed to make Shakespeare's immortal tragedy.'
>>
>>7891526
I'm not following you.
>>
>>7891547
Nice thought that you didn't think of, lad. Also one that doesn't contradict my point. I know that I'm a bad artist right now due to my lack of technical ability. At the same time, I do feel that I have an ability to make at least relatively creative observations about human nature/consciousness/emotions/philosophy, and thus have "stuff to say." The rambling notes that I have are obviously not good works of art, BECAUSE they lack form. In addition, I'm not sure if I agree with the point completely. The content of the Iliad is much more than just the Trojan war and the wrath of Achilles -- it includes the ideas and themes expressed through the telling of the story. In order to convey the story well, you must have technique but the poetic form you encase it in is not going to articulate profound things about humanity by itself.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1200x776) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1200x776
>>7891415
I'm a morass of unitary principles, suchas:

Character is Irony, Plotting is Paradox, and Theme is a shared Influence.

Actually I don't feel very off track, but I'm soaking in the influence of the greats. I mostly write outlines for five act plays, or summaries of my favourite authors. I don't even know that I'd care to go beyond short stories.
>>
You just have to work your way through it, anon. Masterpieces take time, so be willing to put the time in and do not give in.
>>
Yeah I have a lot of stuff to say and ideas to convey but I can't whatever
>>
File: zillamanilla.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
zillamanilla.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
>>7891591

think u should read what mans wrote again ack
>>
Write poetry - the shorter form helps you to practice the skill of matching language, imagery and diction to the relevant ideas
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.