[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God dammit I'm reading this book now and I'm really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: houseofleaves.jpg (231 KB, 1104x1475) Image search: [Google]
houseofleaves.jpg
231 KB, 1104x1475
God dammit I'm reading this book now and I'm really enjoying The Navidson Report but every fucking time Truant starts writing it's so unbearably try-hard and edgy that I want to skip it but I can't bring myself to skip part of the narrative. I don't want to hear about his fucking wacky paranoia anymore
>>
>>7889649
>he doesn't understand that the book is a maze and you have to differentiate which parts of it are dead ends that contribute nothing to the plot and which are.
I suggest you go back to reading YA.
>>
>>7889649
I agree totally, everything about Truant seemed like a disingenuous attempt to make it a "postmodern" book by including totally contrived youthfulness and vulgarity alongside all the footnotes and scholarly references
>>
>>7889649
>A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>7889649
Danielewski is a hack poser wannabe Pynchon. HoL is a pretty good Stephen King novel disguised as a "post-modern lit"
>>
>>7889936
dude leaves lmao
>>
>>7889899
Without spoiling too much, how alright is it to skip the Truant passages? I'm only around 60 pages in so far, but it's like pulling teeth having to sit through another fucking short story about how HE'S EVEN PARANOID DURING SEX WOWOWOW ;D
>>
>>7889991
unfortunately you gotta at least skim it to appreciate another, better section, and the book as a whole
>>
>>7889999
quads don't lie
>>
>>7889999
I'll take that into account, thanks!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.