[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books on the Cathars? They seem like one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: cathars.jpg (172 KB, 1042x911) Image search: [Google]
cathars.jpg
172 KB, 1042x911
What are some good books on the Cathars?

They seem like one of the few theistic religions that solved the problem of evil.
>>
>>7889368
>theistic religions
As Opposed to?

Practically all pagan and animistic religions have no problem with evil, neither does Hinduism or Buddhism. Or Zoroastrianism, Manicheism, or Gnosticism. In fact I think you could say almost all religions don't have a problem with it.
>>
>>7890020
I agree with this post. Subjective morality allows the existence of evil.
>>
>>7889368
Augustine solved it with an irrufutable argumen so it's not a big problem really, not sure why people cling to it so much.
You can dislike the argument, but it doesn't mean it hasn't been solved.
>>
try taming riki, i found it pretty educational and interesting
>>
>>7890290
which argument?
>>
>>7889368
The problem of evil isn't a real problem. The line between atheists who think the problem of reason is insurmountable, and atheists who think it has nothing to do with their faith or lack thereof is the line between fedora-tippers and normal atheists.
>>
> solved the problem of evil

> they all commit suicide

>>>/b/
>>
>>7889368
How did believing that the material world is evil solve the problem of evil?
>>
>>7890361
Google it son it's on Wikipedia
>>
File: croisade-albigeoise.jpg (320 KB, 1054x895) Image search: [Google]
croisade-albigeoise.jpg
320 KB, 1054x895
La Chanson de la croisade albigeoise.
>>
fug em all and let dog sort em out : -- DDD
>>
the christian god is the solution to evil though so SHRUG what's the problem?
>>
File: throne_of_heaven_Ni4CAm4.jpg (520 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
throne_of_heaven_Ni4CAm4.jpg
520 KB, 760x596
>>7892358
the christian god is the CAUSE of evil.

so obviously we have to kill him.
>>
>>7892427
satan is the cause of evil, perpetuated through man. god was like 'not like this' and he gave his son to be the solution to evil. we are restored through him! hallelujah!
>>
File: 1459651858463.gif (2 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1459651858463.gif
2 MB, 768x432
That's funny, I thought Plantinga, a Christian, solved the Problem of Evil
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.