[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell us about your bookstore. What do you like about it? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: greenapplebooks1.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
greenapplebooks1.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Tell us about your bookstore. What do you like about it? What do you wish was different? Do you ever meet qt's there? How much money has this establishment taken from you over the years?
>>
Harvard coop or Raven used books. Only person I've met at the coop was some dude that recounted the first page and a half of Finnegans Wake by memory and asked me for my phone number. Even if I sucked dick I would've shut him down.
>>
>>7887743

I don't have a bookstore near me

every book I own is from ebay..
>>
The Word in Montreal.

I like it's stock, I just wish it was larger. Haven't met anyone there, it's always very quiet and has a sort of Black Books atmosphere so it isn't really conducive for hitting on anyone. I haven't spent too much there since I didn't know if I'd be staying in the city or not, but now that I know I'm going to be here for at least a couple years all bets are off.
>>
File: frugal_muse_001sm.jpg (35 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
frugal_muse_001sm.jpg
35 KB, 350x233
Not bad. Not the best bookstore I've ever seen, but gets interesting stuff through every once in a while. Fully of cuties, but I never talk to them, usually because they're always browsing intimidating nonfiction.

I did one time get yelled at for being on my phone in the store. Some middle aged lady gave me shit for being on my phone when I was simply researching a couple books that I had found to see if they'd be something I'd be interested in reading. But she took it upon herself to butt in and told me, "Get off your phone. Do you really need your phone in here?" Mind you own fucking business, crusty old lady.
>>
Powells because I'm a filthy portlander. It's great because it has nearly everything you could ever wish for in store and they order what they don't have in Stock from giant warehouses. Their rare book room is fantastic' first edition Ulysses, signed first edition of D.H Lawerence, original printings of Desiderious Erasmus. Bad because it's super hipstery and always packed.

I also go to a place called Longfellows Periodicals that have lots of older bpoks, out of print copies, rare books etc.
>>
Bookstore? I buy all my books at Goodwill and on Amazon. Senpai, there are no true bookstores in rural Michigan.
>>
>>7887755
What the fuck man why wouldn't you get to know this living meme of a man
>>
I used to live in a town with a nice bookstore.
I became destitute and got an invitation to move halfway across the country to get back on my feet. Now I'm fighting with the person who brought me here and I'm stuck here and I hate this place so much.

You find me a good "local" bookstore in Houston and maybe I'll drag myself out of this shithole I'm living in to go see it.
>>
>>7887743
It's ok. Decent prices. Nothing. I would never subject someone else to my presence like that. A decent amount.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.