[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me that this is good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: BK57.1_450.jpg (48 KB, 450x687) Image search: [Google]
BK57.1_450.jpg
48 KB, 450x687
Convince me that this is good
>>
It's a big fat meme and requires you to read everything that came before it and more
>>
Now you listen here, The Cantos of Ezra Pound is good. It's good. And if you don't think so, everyone's gonna think you're a real dumbass. You want that? Didn't think so.
>>
It is. Trust me.
>>
>>7887700
ezra pound helped shape modernism
>>
>>7887707
I only read so people will think I'm smart and hopefully overlook my mediocre intelligence and inability to form my own opinions
>>
>>7887700
I've never read it, but usually when people call something "incomprehensible", or "gibberish" that's a good sign that it's actually worth reading.
>>
>>7887700
Regardless of what you may think of Ezra Pound, The Cantos is among one of the most ambitious works ever put to paper, and, despite all the time that has passed, I don't think anyone has been able to fully understand it. Don't bother reading it if you can't get the guide: you won't get anything out of it. Here's my one of my favorite parts from it:
And past them, the criminal
lying in the blue lakes of acid,
The road between the two hills, upward
slowly,
The flames patterned in lacquer, crimen est actio,
The limbo of chopped ice and saw-dust,
And I bathed myself with acid to free myself
of the hell ticks,
Scales, fallen louse eggs.
Palux Laerna,
the lake of bodies, aqua morta,
of limbs fluid, and mingled, like fish heaped in a bin,
and here an arm upward, clutching a fragment of marble,
And the embryos, in flux,
new inflow, submerging,
Here an arm upward, trout, submerged by the eels;
and from the bank, the stiff herbage
the dry nobbled path, saw many known, and unknown,
for an instant;
submerging,
The face gone, generation.
>>
>>7887763
The imagery in that passage alone convinced me to read it. I just don't like the thought of carrying two books and flipping back and forth every other sentence to figure out what the hell is going on.
>>
>>7887783
Well, that's fine, but don't say I didn't warn you. On a side note, would you be interested in a group reading of The Cantos?
>>
>>7887831
not him but i would be
>>
>>7887831
>>7888326
me too
>>
>>7887831
because our Infintie Jest, Gravity's Rainbow, and Ulysses groups went so well K E K
>>
>>7887831
Yeah I would
>>
>>7888371
>>7888352
>>7888326
>>7887831

if we plan this for the later summer months (ie once my exams are done) i am in
>>
>>7887831
I would also be interested. Been really enjoying Pound's Personae so far
>>
>>7888326
>>7888352
>>7888371
>>7888383
>>7888403
Well, in that case, once I get some sleep, I'll start up a thread where we can discuss it and get more people to join in.
>>7888353
Try and try again, anon.
>>
>>7888413
>Inb4 semen cookies
>>
>>7888418
so i googled that ... w-why is the cantos reading group going to lead to that?
>>
>>7888418
>>7888454
Yes, I will make all of you eat my semen cookies. Eat them while they're warm.
>>
File: youcouldhaveprevent.jpg (265 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
youcouldhaveprevent.jpg
265 KB, 960x640
>>7887700
Ezra Pound was right about everything. Dude predicted the collapse of the western world.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.