[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/, I'm a student at University and I am taking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: authors.jpg (58 KB, 541x666) Image search: [Google]
authors.jpg
58 KB, 541x666
Hello /lit/,
I'm a student at University and I am taking a playwriting class. Every week we are supposed to read a play from the master list of playwrites (pic related), and write what is more or less a book report about the play.
This week, however, the professor has asked us to photocopy a specific two sequential pages of the text and explain line-by-line how each line adds something to the text as a whole.
Can /lit/ recommend me a play by one of these authors? Specifically one you think could fit the additional requirement of line-by-line analysis.
Thanks!
>>
>no shakespeare
>no elizabethan/jacobean playwrights

????
>>
Take it to the homework board
>>/hm/
>>
>>7887356
Beckett would be perfect for this exercise, as he packs so much into every line.
>>
Not going to do your work for you but lots of Wilde's plays are very short and you could write this up pretty easily with almost any 2 pages. You could probably fill ten pages by discussing a single line if you really dig deep.
>>
>>7887356
the title of M. Butterfly completely gives it away. Literally more obvious than Darth Vader. The "plot twist" will absolutely crush your willing suspension of disbelief.

Do Williams, Miller, Wilde, and whoever else
>>
>>7887372
this
go for GODOT
>>
>>7887367
underrated post
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.