[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know to start with the Greeks. If I want to read Finnegans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: finnegans-wake.jpg (258 KB, 1012x1554) Image search: [Google]
finnegans-wake.jpg
258 KB, 1012x1554
I know to start with the Greeks.

If I want to read Finnegans Wake, what all do I need to read between the Greeks and Finnegans Wake?
>>
the western canon
>>
>>7887290
Everything. It would quicker to list what you don't need.
>>
>>7887307
>>7887302
these posts would be good starters
>>
the latins
>>
Start by learning French, Gaelic, Greek, Latin, Italian, Triestino, Norwegian, and German.
>>
>>7887290
How about you read Finnegans Wake once, and anytime something comes up that makes you think of something you note and make a reading list you move through before your second reading?

If you're going to hype a book, at least hype it right.
>>
>>7887290
>reading finnegans wake for the plot
You're supposed to appreciate the words, deciphering the plot/references isn't as fun as just sub-vocalizing every syllable and giggling at how nice it sounds
>>
You will never be ready for the wake desu.
Best you can do is read the Western Canon an learn some parts of the languages which appear in the book
>>
>>7887464
I read it for the character development. Is there a problem here?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.