[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literature has ruined what could have been a terror-free experience.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (29 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29 KB, 400x302
Literature has ruined what could have been a terror-free experience. Because it exists, one can not live outside of anxiety, constantly how one may acquire the correct reading of its contents, which is of infinite length.

Literature has ruined what could have been a terror-free experience. But as it is the majority of people would rather not be alive, precisely because literature exists.

Or am I wrong?
>>
>>7886390
Ah, so this must be what I sound like when I'm having one of my manic episodes.
>>
There is nothing logical about your post whatsoever.
>>
I agree, actually, it makes perfect sense.

Expand your idea to a manifesto and drop it off at local schools and police stations in dark clothes.
>>
>>7886396
Because there is something existing in extension which is to be known and people expect you to know it, you are constantly expected to acquire the correct reading of various, if not an infinite amount of, pieces of literature. Some people are simply not capable of doing this, but the anxiety still exists, and some are capable but only after undergoing intense terror, constantly questioning whether they are up to it or not, what exactly it is they should say to show that they have understood, et cetera.

If Literature did not exist, these problems would not exist and these anxieties, and we could simply do what we want to do.
>>
>>7886404
I don't get it.
>>
Y'all have to agree that the majority of people no longer wish to live, though, lets not beat around the bush.
>>
I understand now the hate for the tripfags.
I used to be a tripfag and couldn't understand why everyone was acting retarded.
Holyboy, I fucking hate you.
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>7886432
Natalism is still rampant but people of high intelligence in developed countries are waking up to the absurd cruelty of breeding though.
>>
>>7886411
There would still be an infinite number of possible things to do in the world without literature. With or without literature, you don't need to be anxious about doing or not doing them all because it doesn't matter.

>>7886432

Fuck knows where you get that idea from. Most people don't care about literature and are still quite happily alive, as are the people who do care about literature.
I think you need to take your pills.
>>
refill your prescription, dude.
>>
>>7886445
>With or without literature, you don't need to be anxious about doing or not doing them all because it doesn't matter.
You would think that, but I was recently helping out some PhD student in a Computer Science department of a University, completely unrelated, but because something about me ticked the people in the lunch room off, I think I had a book with me, or because I was wearing a shirt, they started to sort of intentionally annoy me by talking very loudly about obscure points of History of our country, trying to catch me out about things I wouldn't know about, in order to humiliate me, then talking about what exactly the origins of the novel were, lying about what it was in order to try and catch me out and me remaining silent in order to avoid anything I may not know about, all the while feeling very fucking anxious, and feeling as if I should not ever read in public in case someone verbally assaults me for doing so. This has happened on several occasions and people are constantly trying to harass me with literature-related subjects. If literature did not exist, I could simply talk to someone and have a nice time. As it is, I live in a state of absolute terror and would rather not have been born at all. [Crawling.]

>>7886442
Good.
>>
>>7886475
Sounds more like you're an obnoxious know-it-all who talks about literature too much so people try to fuck with you about it. Doesn't mean they want to die. Take your pills.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 540x540
Terror-free

Oh for fucks sake. go back to your safe space, you tripfag cunt.
>>
>>7886390
>tripcode , composes a badly written OP tangential to the board's subject
>>7886420
>duh I don't get it tee-hee
>>7886432
>"y'all", followed by edgy premise

Doesn't matter whether this is a troll. Stop posting.
>>
>>7886488
I had brought poetry with me to read throughout the breaks, I hadn't said anything, I was quite quiet really, they started talking loudly, trying to aggravate me, with me replying curtly about things I knew about and remaining silent about things I did not.
>>
>>7886507
This isn't your blog mate.
>>
>>7886475
You are autistic
PhD students are autistic
Computer science students are autistic
The autism is what is creating this uncomfortableness, not literature.
>>
>>7886404
kek
>>
>>7886530
I honestly can't remember the last time I have had a normal conversation with anyone and I fear I may never have one.
>>
>>7886544
See a therapist or something but for fuck's sake stop posting.
>>
>>7886548
I went to a therapist and he started harassing me by quoting Yeats and asking me what poem it was from, as well as various other quotes. I am not sure if this is normal or if there is something about me that makes people want to harass me.
>>
>>7886404
underrated post
>>
>>7886557
Stop posting.
>>
>>7886390
>>7886411
>>7886432
>>7886475
>>7886507
>>7886544
Did you forget to take your pills, sweetheart?
>>
I (Theobaldritch L. Writewrite) oppose the view presented in your post. The infinitude of literature is a savior from the terror of a limited life - it presents a boundless canvas of possibility that frees (psychically) the reader from the chains of actual life. Since it is infinite it cannot be mastered by anyone and therefore any fear you describe is unfounded, as can be realized on contemplation of this fact - a worm and a college professor are probably not far apart in the percentage of total knowledge they possess. The expectation of omniscience is ghostlike in its impotence (imho).

I firmly believe there are too few pretends and too many reals. Why shouldn't we laugh, forever and ever?
>>
>>7886557
i think u might just have syphilis m8
>>
>>7886583
I am a virgin.
>>
>>7886602
Post pussy
>>
>>7886606
I am a boy.
>>
>>7886609
Post dick
>>
>>7886615
I would rather not.
>>
>>7886616
Stop posting.
>>
>>7886411
Sorry you feel that man, but it's just you. I read stuff and if I enjoy and/or understand it, great, abd if not, oh well. Maybe I'll come back to it. Maybe I won't. It has absolutely no influence on how I go about my day to day.
>>
>>7886557
Have you tried to get yourself checked out for paranoid schizophrenia?
>>
>>7886626
The last time I saw him he gave me a test and said he was under the impression I had [clinical depression?] or whatever it is called. I will be attending a series of psychiatric sessions soon, although I am not particularly interested in doing so. I presume they are going to brainwash me and institutionalise me and assume I am schizophrenic based on the fact that I observe the world in a different [more thorough?] way than other people.
>>
18"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.
>>
>>7886635
Can you tell me, how does one "do" Christianity?

My parents were atheist, so I honestly don't know,
but I feel it may solve my problems.
>>
OP, I beg you, visit a psychiatrist. Your thought process is completely illogical and you seem to have watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest too much.
>>
>>7886390
I think existential dread can be reached by someone without literature.
>>
>>7886674
i started reading because of existential dread
>>
>>7886709
or identity issues, i can't remember
>>
terror-free experience of what?
>>
>>7886719
The constant fear that one is not doing enough to acquire knowledge or the fear of not having acquired enough knowledge in order to have a conversation about something with someone else.
>>
>>7886666
See the post I already posted:
>>7886634
I will be seeing a psychiatrist soon,
but I think it will make me worse, not better.
>>
>>7886726

Most humans do not experience this as a constant fear, though it may periodically annoy the smarter humans. You are weird, get over yourself, and your thread is dumb and gay and not germane to this board's topic. Stop posting.
>>
>>7886726
Or rather, the fear that not appearing in a certain way, which requires the acquisition of specific memories and memorised lines will not allow you to simply continue without humiliating yourself in front of other people, or have them harass you by calling you out on your lack of knowledge on a subject, or not being able to repeat what they want you to repeat... not knowing what it is they want you to repeat back to them, not knowing what to take from pieces of literature that will allow this to occur... something like that.
>>
>>7886738
Geez nigga just say fear of being pleb.
>>
>>7886726
terror-free experience of requiring knowledge about literature if it weren't for literature?
>>
>>7886741
But isn't that exactly where the divide begins, the ideas of plebeian and patrician, which still exist today but are veiled, held together most overtly by literature and one's ability to appear to someone else as having understood pieces of literature in specific ways, which are constantly changing and difficult to identify?

So surely literature causes terror, or causes a terrible divide between a very small amount of happy people and a very large amount of terribly humiliated people.

Surely then if literature did not exist, we would all be happy?
>>
>>7886751
Yes. The anxiety would not exist if there were nothing to acquire. We could simply concern ourselves with something else, based on the fact that we want to do it for ourselves and not in order to defend ourselves against humiliation.
>>
>>7886390
>literature
Make that "reason". Thacker offers an interesting criticism of the post-Enlightenment civilization, google him if you want.
>>
>>7886753
Why don't you just become patrician?
>>
>>7886756
maybe you mean terror-free existence? terror-free experience doesn't make much sense.

but no literature isn't the only cause of anxiety. and only a certain type of person is concerned with intellectual status
>>
>>7886760
That is what I am constantly trying to do and afraid I am not undergoing the correct steps at the correct speed.
>>
>>7886761
I am not concerned with it.
I am concerned that other people are concerned with it and that they do not seem to like the idea of someone having a semi-casual occupation with literature.
>>
>>7886767
i don't think these people exist and if they do they go through the same anxiety
>>
>>7886761
The only other anxiety that comes to mind is the anxiety that I didn't do enough to have an aryan cutie not break my heart, which I suppose is connected to the acquisition of knowledge, if I had just known something else, I could have used the knowledge to make sure it didn't occur.
>>
>>7886756
>>7886751
so in essence it's
>If I don't eat enough food I get hungry, therefore if there was no food I wouldn't ever be hungry
the problem lies with you. see someone. don't get psychiatric advice from a yunnanian interpretive dance chatroom.
>>
>>7886831
No, I don't need to consume literature to live.

The problem does lie with literature, in my humble opinion.
>>
>>7886390
Terror is a good thrill!

Most of the time you experience terror, you're not even in any real danger anyway.
>>
>>7886738
They aren't really listening your half of the conversation m8
>>
>>7886852

i like you, i feel like we would get along in real life. sorry about whatever's going on with you right now
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.