[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any authors similar to Michel Houellebecq and his books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Are there any authors similar to Michel Houellebecq and his books Atomised and Whatever?

Something that has to take place in modern society albeit dissaproving of it.
>>
you want a writer to tell you how to disapprove of something you already disagree with in a clever way? nice brain you got there bub
>>
>>7885860
he's like a bluepill reddit celine 2bh. Also check out Eduard Limonov's It's Me, Eddie
>>
File: hd2.jpg (36 KB, 150x174) Image search: [Google]
hd2.jpg
36 KB, 150x174
>>7885864
no hurt pls am frendly
>>
>>7885864
No, fictional works that explore this subject through one character from his mindset.
Or maybe just read more about the dissaproval or counter-revolution through the art of fiction as fedora as it sounds.
Why limit yourself?
Or are you just a mad feminist?
>>
>>7885865
Will do.
>he's like a bluepill reddit celine 2bh
Why so?
>>
>>7885865
Celine is good but it's a whole different time. More difficult to relate.
>>
File: 1459461826831.jpg (37 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1459461826831.jpg
37 KB, 500x366
>>7885860

I have a love/hate relationship with Houellebecq.
I enjoy reading his work up until the point he talks about sex. I just hate the "je m'en fou hon hon hon, where the pussy at tho? animals are just beasts. I'm so above that. I need sex now, I do it post-ironically."
Like when you see interviews with him I can't stand this typical French theatrics that come with being a writer.
>>
>>7885865
I thought Houllebecq was conservative though
>>
>>7886241

*humans are just beasts
>>
>>7886241
Some of it becomes too graphic and unneccesary. His thoughts about it are interesting and well-written.
>>
>>7886241
are there any similar authors to him who write now?
>>
>>7886241
>>7886262
absolutely
It really debases a lot of what he writes.
Those parts have such a shit writing. Its not even because they're graphic or anything like that for me, I just find them terribly narrated usually, and they end up adding absolutely nothing to the whole
>>
>>7886296

Not really. He's politically incorrect as can, be, which always assures he gets in the media when a new release is on the way.
I don't know of anyone else who is like him ( politically incorrect ) and gets as much "omg delete this" from the triggered left.
>>
Peter handke maybe?
>>
>>7885865
How is Welback blue pilled?
>>
DFW
>>
>>7885913
Celine was the redpill master, he even called hitler out for being a crypto-kike
>>
>>7887823
"In democratic politics it is money that commands. And the money is Jewish."
>>
>>7886241
>>7886308

read this
http://carnetsdesperances.fr/
>>
>>7887865
He borrowed that from Oswald Spengler.
>>
>>7886308
So where the fuck do I move on?
These books just hit me massively, whenever I try to read other stuff that's supposedly similar I just can't relate to their time and all.
>>
>>7888448
Try CĂ©line even though he's a bit older. He's far from dated.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.