[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literature Nobel Prizes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
What you think about it? Are a guide or a true?
>>
You want to be in any way. after all, many people regret playing nobel prize book all the time.
As some people say, "high" to implement a chemical film, and may be the same, but the refugees.
Optional air cargo vessel for non-life and satisfaction is the loss development. It really is a hedonist you your life will be considered. About his health. If as seriously as they credit you can buy heroin hook blood as chair and start playing a video, listen to music, eating pizza.

Sorry for bad English.
>>
>>7885530
Hmm. Agreed for the most part. Im not sure 'buy' is really the correct verb for the 'heroin hook blood as chair.' Perhaps 'ascertain'?
>>
>>7885530
Air cargo vessel was mandatory in my day
Maybe it was made optional in lieu of chinese horsse to rescue us from empty dismal cave in unceasingly lusterless gray ocean?
>>
>>7885518
Great. Far more hits than misses. Good guide to good literature after the early years. Important and influential regardless of what /lit/ memers will say. It's in vogue to hate on the Nobel but those people should be ignored since they don't want to read anything that's not the meme trilogy.
>>
President Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples" but yet he increased the amount of drone strikes on muslim nations.

Just let that sink in for a moment and then ask if it's a good guide or not.
>>
>>7885626
the peace prize is nothing but a popularity contest, this has been established. the literature and science prizes are probably different, though.
>>
>>7885518
>>7885530
I literally thought i was having a stroke
>>
Sam Harris hasn't received one but soe French nobody got it last year....

into le trash it goes
>>
>>7885571
The sole reason it's influential is because it's a million dollars. All of its winners that aren't obvious are mediocre or garbage. The fact that fucking Winston Churchill won it, no matter how long ago that was, is proof that it's worthless shit
>>
>>7885644
>>7885637

case in point - you have a bunch of raving idiots on /lit/ who dont actually read and dont have any real exposure/knowledge of the lit prize making broad generalizing comments

almost every single winner of the past 50 years has been deserving.
>>
>>7885518
It's just like /lit/'s 100 favorite books. It's a good list to decide to read random stuff, when you don't know what to read. But you cannot take it too seriously.
>>
Camus won it. The committee consists of philistines and pseudointellectuals.
>>
>>7885648
I agree, your broad generalizing comment about people who make broad generalizing comments being raving idiots is correct
>>
>>7885648
i said that the literature prize was probably decent. do you know how to read or
>>
>>7885644

But Churchill is actually p. good m8. But, I agree, the prize was utterly delegitimized in 1941 when Joyce died without having won it.
>>
>>7885667
i quoted the wrong person

>>7885664
so clever omg you sure owned me. ebin post!
>>
>>7885672
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7885530
this gives me naked lunch flashbacks
>>
>>7885676
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7885709
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7885712
open the opposite of the not fuck down
>>
>>7885713
close the same of the yes fuck up
>>
[Fag]
>>
Ibsen, Tolstoj and Joyce didn't get it.
Fucking swedes m8
>>
>>7885670
>>7885795

the common misconception is that the prize is supposed to award it to the "most" deserving author or something. its more just to recognize that an author is good, not that said author is better than every other living author
>>
>>7885823

Very well, but shouldn't it place the greatest writers of an era - indeed, some of the greatest of all times - before people like Roger du Gard and Frans Sillanpaa?
>>
>>7885823
Utter horseshit.

It is awarded to "the most outstanding work in an IDEAL direction".

Tolstoy, Ibsen, et. al. did not meet the requirement for "a lofty and sound idealism."
>>
>>7885857
the modern nobel prize is pretty different from the old one anyway, partly due to logistical reasons regarding communication and translation
>>
>>7885877

See, but that's wrong. The later Tolstoy is about as religiously idealist as it gets, and I know of no greater 20th century idealist than Joyce. They have no excuse: they are simply philistines. Have been from the beginning.
>>
>no Proust
>no Tolstoy
>no Joyce
>no CĂ©line
>not even Borges

Fuck this prize
>>
>>7885626
they precum for nuclear nonproliferation
>>
>>7885709
>>7885712
>>7885676
>>7885713
>>7885716
>>>/mu/
>>
>>7885530
elf u
>>
>>7888458
I LOVE U
>>
>>7888467
I LOVE YOU TOO <3
>>
>>7888468
im gonna tackle u and kiss u
>>
>>7888473
bring it on ;)
kiss u
>>
>>7888474
love u more than anything
>>
>>7888485
same u
>>
i will hug you and tuck you in :)
>>
>>7887100
Proust and Joyce died relatively young
>>
Dostowyeski wins a prize?
>>
>>7885877
>tolstoy
>not loftily idealist

it's like they can't even be consistent with their own arbitrary criteria

of course today you win if you're a chinese dissenter
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.