[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why wasn't /lit/ in writer digest's top 100 websites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: egRI27X.jpg (657 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
egRI27X.jpg
657 KB, 1836x3264
why wasn't /lit/ in writer digest's top 100 websites for writers?
>>
It starts with a 4 and ends with chan
>>
>>7884356
Because it is fun to shitpost and argue about books here. And that's it. I'd never let one of you insecure tasteless faggots read my writing.
>>
we're a secret club, nobody knows about 4chan it is a website for anonymous hackers, the website title itself is gibberish so you can't get on unless you memorize the password ie '4chan'
>>
>>7884356
Maybe it's because we're just a bunch of pseuds and sub-par writers?
>>
>>7884370
No, the average population here is way more depressed and miserable than probably all those websites'. And if I'm correct, which I think I am, there's a direct correlation between quality of writing and depression. We're great writers, we just can't write well when we're in this state: wait for us when we shine, and we'll churn out really beautiful pieces.
>>
File: not special.jpg (14 KB, 500x108) Image search: [Google]
not special.jpg
14 KB, 500x108
>>7884380
>>
>>7884380
I agree that the people here are more miserable, and maybe even that we're slightly better writers, but that has less to do with the people that visit here I think, and more to do with the fact that criticism on this board can be more harsh and direct than some of the hugboxes out there.
>>
>>7884370
that's pretty much everywhere bro. good writers are pure souls with no time for internet bullshit
>>
>>7884388
laughing at the badness of this post, but still gets dubs lol
>>
>>7884391
I think it has to do with the fact that most of us don't have much else to do but read and write and shitpost on /lit/

People on /r/ books have full time jobs, friends, probably family, TV shows to catch up on ETC, so they read Game of Thrones over the course of four months.

/lit/ is a bunch of English and Philosophy undergrads, neets who read literary fiction all day in bed, or insecure cucks who build their persona around reading - whichever way literature a central role int he /lit/ user's life so most of us have more serious interest
>>
>>7884380
>wait for us
this is why you can't finish your book
>>
>>7884388
using the "special snowflake" argument doesn't mean anything
>>
>>7884356
Because normies.
>>
>>7884356
>listing Wattpad
I dont want to be in this list
>>
>>7884380
I don't know. My dad is depressed as hell but his writing sucks. He wants to become a writer but I honestly tell him he should kill himself instead because he's wasting the Earth's resources (I don't care because he's my step father).
>>
>>7884400
>tfw had multiple dreams recently about books
>>
>>7884930
How does it feel knowing some dick that didn't create you is sliding up your mom's baby ramp? I'm just curious cuz my parents are still together.
>>
Maybe the author of the list browses /lit/ amd doesn't want it to become even worse than it already is
>>
Because mainstream press don't like to mention anything to do with 4chan unless it's as a shock piece on "look at these freaks".
>>
>>7884370
not to mention subbies
>>
>>7884380
ahahaha
>>
>>7885244
"A Hacker Known as 4chan"
>>
>>7885337
>>7885244
So who is this 4 CHAN guy!?
>>
>>7884356
Because 4chan is a hostile festering pit where sexually frustrated twenty year old wannabes gather to drop names, regurgitate "isms" and insult each other for being each equally as ignorant as the last asshole. No writing gets done here. No inspiration comes from here. And no thinking person who feels empathy would ever recommend this site to someone who's life hadn't already crash landed them here.
>>
>>7885581
What core is this called?
>>
>>7884369
Yes
>>
>>7885244
thank god

and nice dubs
>>
>>7885220
sounds hot
>>
>>7885593
Self-loathingcore.
>>
>>7884356
because "writer digest" is just some people and their opinions and this board is a little less mainstream
>>
>>7884356
Christ even just that page of websites looks like shit. Can't stand anything less than fucking internet-using aged 50+ people talking about how to market their shitty fucking autistic self pub'd fantasy.
>>
I actually do think some of the English-speaking world's next great writers will come from /lit/.

That isn't to say most of you are great writers. The vast majority are awful. But every now and then I do see flashes of real talent here, whether in the critique threads or in the book/philosophy discussions. That's more than I can say for a lot of other sites.
>>
>>7884356
post 1-10
>>
>>7884356
sounds like Brian Griffin wrote it
>>
>>7884380
T b h its better this way, everyone can insult everyone else anonymously, no one cares, so you kinda get semi-real opinions, rather than a hugbox.

This means you know exactly how fucking shit you are, none of us are good writers and you're a faggot for believing otherwise.

Also check em.
>>
>Writers digest
You mean that magazine that posts insightful articles like "blog your way to success"?

>le kek
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 645x186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 645x186
>kek-aroony
>>
>>7885581
>No writing gets done here. No inspiration comes from here.

Might I point you in the direction of the tundra?
>>
im too lazy too read, too too too too toot
POETRY!
>>
>>7885581
this made me feel weirdly warm and proud
>>
>>7886633
Triple dubs, muthafucka!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.