[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone here ever one a writing competition? what was it for,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
has anyone here ever one a writing competition? what was it for, what did you win, what kind of contest was it?
>>
In fifth grade our teacher asked us to write a short story for a citywide contest. The topic was "Going on a holiday in the future". Me and my best friend handed in some stories and we both won a prize. He got the first place, me second although he wrote a very generic story while mine was a bit more critical. He qualified to take part in a nationwide contest but my school asked me to write something together with him. Eventually we made the top 3 and got a winner's certificate, an invitation to meet the mayor and a free buffet. Pretty lame.
>>
>>7881291
did ur mom go nuts over it
>>
>>7881220
It was some annual state writing competition. The winners had their short story published in anthology together. And one story from the two categories were picked as the winner and given $1,000 I think. I didn't get the money.
>>
>>7881220
no but I have two a writing competition
>>
>>7881326
Not too much, but it was alright.
>>
File: oh.jpg (9 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
9 KB, 256x197
When I was in high school I won a short story competition, a pretty minor one but still. First prize was just a gift card to Barnes and Noble.

But it was still kinda big news for my teeny tiny town so the teacher in charge of the school newspaper wanted to have an article about it. Problem is everyone hated me, and the chick who edited the newspaper despised me for a reason I still can't figure out. So they did the interview, they covered the story, they even took my picture with the stupid certificate and the barnes and noble gift card.

When the school newspaper came out, the article wasn't in it. Wasn't in the next one or the one after that. I ended up asking the editor what was up, and she just gave me this look like my face was covered in slugs, and said "If you showed up in my newspaper, no one would ever read it again."

And I've never entered a competition since.
>>
>>7882086
what the fuck? did you kill cats or something?
>>
>>7882224
You know that kid who picked their nose like, once in first grade and people never let them live it down, and then they just keep finding new reasons to pick on that kid from first grade all the way through 12th?

Well, I was that kid except I never went on a shooting rampage. At the time the major point of contention about me was that I was an "anime freak". Cept back then anime freak just meant you watched any anime at all, you didn't even have to show up wearing a naruto headband.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.