[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books dealing with terminal illnesses and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (5 KB, 296x241) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 296x241
What are some good books dealing with terminal illnesses and the like?
>inb4 The Fault in Our Stars
>>
The Star in Our Faults by Green John
>>
>>7880743
looks like you've found The Fault In Our Thread
>>
>>7880743
>>7880745
These are some epic replies. I am laughing.
>>
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
>>
>>7880742
I don't know if I'd call it good, but Infinite Jest deals with death.
>>
>>7880742
Ulysses
>>
>>7880742
any book written about any time period prior to the twentieth century
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 192x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 192x250
>>7880742
>>
Start with the Assyrians
>>
>>7880743
simply ebin
>>
>>7880742
Death of ivan illich
>>
>>7880742
Kafka's Metamorphosis deals pretty effectively with the psychology of terminal illness and how it effects those around the sufferer.
>>
Mars - Zorn
The diving bell and the butterfly - Bauby
(Johnny got his gun - Trumbo)?
>>
>>7880742
C: Because Cowards Get Cancer Too
by John Diamond (first husband of Nigella Lawson)
>>
Jesus fucking Christ plebs, you guys all missed the most obvious and apt answer:

The Death of Ivan Illych
>>
>>7882215
>>7881525
>>
>>7880749
the Jest cures everything, that's why dave had to die for it
>>
>>7880742
Mortality by Christopher Hitchens was quite good.
>>
>>7880742
Bartleby the Scrivener
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.