[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I devote this year to learning philosophy and reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: this'lldo.jpg (694 KB, 1600x1098) Image search: [Google]
this'lldo.jpg
694 KB, 1600x1098
Should I devote this year to learning philosophy and reading the greats or to trying to have as many and as varied and fulfilling sexual experiences/adventures as possible?

I only have the time properly for the one and the other'd be kind of a tack on
>>
depends, hetero or homo?

fucking vaginas is a noble pursuit, but fondling dicks is child's play
>>
File: OnSycMOp.png (144 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
OnSycMOp.png
144 KB, 309x309
>>7879898
Learn about the Phenomenology of Pussy.
>>
>>7879903
vaginas, faces, asses and breasts is the current aim
>>
i stick my dick in books before i return them to the library

feels good to press the pages together on my shaft
>>
>>7879933
that sounds good, i should probably fuck more vaginas, faces, asses and breasts but i'm so lazy when it comes to sex, looking for sexual partners is about as fun as looking for a job to me, i know some people like "the chase" or something, but it's just tedious shit, i'd rather wack and read a book, good luck tho
>>
>>7879898
>this year

Top kek my friend, you gonna need more than a year.
>>
>>7879898
Philosophy. The latter sounds like your inner guilt of not giving in to the status quo.
>>
>>7879967
same could be said for learning philosophy
>>
>>7879959
>about as fun as looking for a job

This pretty much, specially when, on both pursuits, your resume looks like shit.
>>
>>7879964
didn't say i was intending to get to the 'end' of either pursuit
>>7879967
no, i want sex without social pressures as far as i can tell
>>
>>7879971
>>7879971
the worst part is when you land the job/vagina it's similar again, at first ur all "woohoo i've proved my worth to society this is great, can't wait for my next paycheck/blowjob" then after a while the endless pile of paper work/inane texts u have to respond to just never ends and u start to secretly hope to get fired/be alone again
>>
>>7879972
>i want sex without social pressures as far as i can tell

yeah, don't listen to that edgy virgin, it's not "social pressure", it's called being a living organism,
>>
>>7879984
I dunno, I think it's both. I have certainly seen friends who seemed to derive the majority of excitement/thrill of the chase from the respect from a big group of 'friends' rather than from the act. albeit i wasn't actually there when they fucked
>>
>>7879944
Im going to borrow this if you don't mind
>>
Can you explain how you dont have time for both? Like are you going to read philosophy for sixteen hours a day, or like gym it up five hours per day and hit the bar every night? I dont understand
>>
>>7880064
Well, to do either to the standard I'd want, I'd want to put all my effort into it. So spare time not fucking would be done to improve technique or learn more about sexual psychology and have all my waking life be a manifestation of the attempt to have all this sexual desire and progress happen.

If I take that seriously then I haven;t the time for philosophy and it's also probably not useful as questioning reality and free will too much'd probably hinder my progress as the ultimate lover
>>
>>7880064
Having sex is pretty draining.
>>
>>7879984
so biological pressure. isn't that even more pathetic? more apelike?
>>
>>7880108
yeh, like eating and breathing. Utterly pathetic
>>
>>7880108
>implying fulfilling biological needs is bad

that's the most fulfilling way to live, idealism is what people turn to when they are incapable of meeting their physical desires, it's a kind of slave morality
>>
>>7880094
In that case I would choose philosophy. Obsession with sex only leads to emptiness, not the good emptiness of philosophy. Are you currently sexually frustrated?
>>
>>7880108
>implying being apelike is bad

prove it
>>
>>7879898
Why not both?
Or why not write about your sexual experiences in the form of a philosophical paper.
>>
>>7880120
ook ook ook ook! (flings shit at you)
>>
>>7880117
I don't think this is necessarily true. I think in order ot have the best sex you need a foundation of genuine lovingness and openness to experience. It is this attitude that leads to the best sex where the idea of getting a pat on the back socially is gone and the fear of ridicule from looking silly is also gone.

I would legit take this seriously and it certainly wouldn't stop me from becoming (what i think to be) a better person. It just would be the top dog in terms of how I spend my free time
>>
>>7880129
Well this sounds like when you flip a coin and know what you want to do while its in the air, you want the sex. Go for it
>>
>>7880139
But then maybe philosophy will open me up to amazing things I can't even conceive of now. Having said that it could also make me depressed...
>>
>>7879980
told my gf not to text me hehehehe
>>
>>7880157
you can do both you faggot. read philosophy then talk about it with artsy broads to bang them
>>
>>7880174
nah, not if i'm willing one thing like my man kierkegaard taught me to do
>>
>>7880173
I hate texting and IM. It's just like leave me the fuck alone already, you know? People used to call for an hour or spend a day together in a casual relationship, now it's talk to me 24/7 in a dumbed down fashion and remember to place your lols and smiley faces correctly. Now if I don't want to talk to somebody one time they take it personally because they know I saw the message and don't wish to respond.

basically reee
>>
>>7879980
Little Buddha right here
>>
>>7880226
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking
>>
>>7880226
I don't call her either
>>
File: intense-headache2.jpg (370 KB, 2808x1872) Image search: [Google]
intense-headache2.jpg
370 KB, 2808x1872
>>7880243
20. I just really dislike the tension with sending/waiting to receive a text and the subtle etiquette involved drives me mad. Should I have put a LOL at the beginning of that message? Maybe a little winky face at the end? And does it really matter? Because you know as well as I do that I don't give a shit about what you're having for dinner or watching on TV. It's like if I'm in a text conversation I feel like I can't focus on anything else, whereas a nice phone call would last like 20 minutes at most and that's that. Text and IM is a great medium for exchanging bits of information and scheduling things but God I hate it for small talk. Girls will say, "You stopped responding to me last night!" and I'll say, "No shit, bitch! There was nothing left to say!" Talk to one of your girlfriends if you want to sit and chitchat all night because its just distracting me from the things that I enjoy when I'm alone. Idk man its just autism I guess.

>>7880255
Good on ya m8
>>
>>7880200
Shut the fuck up, this thread is garbage and so is your mentality. Before i leave i just wanna say stop being a pussy ass bitch and accept responsibility for your choices because at the end of this year you will most likely still be a virgin who misreads Kierkegaard. You think a few anons will change that? Fuck no, do whatever you want.
>>
>>7880667
>hotheaded individuals

s m h
>>
>>7879898
its all about balance, fampai
>>
>>7880667
you've misunderstood kierky boy my man. Clearly you are in the preliminary levels of despair
>>
>>7879898
You're so clueless lmao. Why not both? Just read as much as you can, pussy will come. I mean if you have to spend such substantial amount of time on pussy chase to get laid, ask yourself is it even worth it? Go out every once in a while, socialize etc. Reading philosophy is fruitless without leading life anyway.
>>
>>7880284
i agree with you so much man, IM has almost ruined my quite good relationship lately, just because it makes one feel as if they should always be talking to the other person using it if they are online, which just leads to either person getting bored of each other. face to face interaction is how humans are meant to interact and love each other, not a fucking screen
>>
OP you realize it really isn't that hard to get girls, just as long as you can talk, look decent and know what to say. just do both. reading into how to pick up girls is pure autism, you'll end up paying some pick up artist fiend and become an utter untermensch. anyway, if you are cultured (without coming across as pretentious) by reading books women could like that more than some fool sitting in a dusty room reading pick up artist strategy with limp cock in hand
>>
>>7881455
It's not just the chase. Once I have my rota then I'll have enough hookups that I can spend all day every day doing things with girls. If I were to have that as my unifying purpose then I could spend all my time doing this and reading philosophy would not be useful if it's my main aim.

I'm afraid you are so clueless lmao my man
>>
>>7880284
I actually think its a healthier sort of relationship. If you want one, just tell then why you don't like texting, and start having half hour phonecalls instead. The phone still does that you know.
>>
>>7881486
why on earth would you want to spend all of your time around girls. trust me man you will get really bored and annoyed.
>>
>>7881506
high quality girls myman, not an easy task, as is not easy to find truly good company of any sex in my experience. But this is part of my large goal that makes it challenging. Also recognition that significantly transforming quality of company by your own personality is a difficult but possible endeavour
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.