[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk bookmarks. What do you prefer? Silk? Cardboard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 673.jpg (350 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
673.jpg
350 KB, 750x1000
Let's talk bookmarks. What do you prefer?

Silk? Cardboard? Metal? Perhaps one of those fugly persian carpet bookmarks that mothers bring from trips to Istanbul? Train tickets? Carved wood? The ones that come with every single book from bookdepository?
>>
memory
>>
I use those paint chips you can get at he hardware store. It is always always always coordinated with the cover.
>>
>>7879036
/thread
>>
>>7879010
I used to do this >>7879036 but having to flip through to the part is kindof a waste of time so I just use these bookmarks that come with every book from this one store in Manhattan that I have about 10 of now. I just switch them to the next book once I'm done reading the previous one.
>>
>>7879043
that's not bad, but how often are you in the hardware store?
do you just go to the hardware store and take one paint chip based on whatever book you're reading?
do they employees see you doing this? if so, I'm sure they have talked about stopping you and only haven't because they assume you're mentally challenged.
>>
File: iMlVfqX.jpg (53 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
iMlVfqX.jpg
53 KB, 800x537
I use this. Thanks, Mugabe.
>>
I literally lost all of my bookmarks. I prefer to stick to bits of paper from shit that I have to throw away or receipts.
>>
>>7879010
Leather.
>>
>>7879086
The amount of pussy you get is unfair.
>>
I just flip the corner :)
>>
>>7879087
this is the correct answer
>>
>>7879105
I do this too and everyone on the internet gives me grief over it. Seriously, it's just a book so folding a page really isn't that big a deal. Besides I own the book so that gives me complete freedom to do what I want with it.
>>
I use the name cards I got with my high school graduation invitations.
>>
>>7879126
agree
my book my rules

unless i'm reading a library book and then i just use the receipt i get from checking out the book
>>
Old business cards.
>>
>>7879010
>those fugly persian carpet bookmarks that mothers bring from trips to Istanbul
>tfw my mother bought me two of those in Istanbul
sp00ky
Also, they aren't ugly
>>
Used bus cards with no value left on them.
>>
sticky tabs, they don't fall out! for hardcovers i use a piece of lace.
>>
>>7879105
>>7879126
>>7879135
Enjoy your books all shedding those broken corners when the acidity in the paper makes it brittle.
>>
I use an expired food handler's permit from Skagit County.
>>
>>7879010

I use memory or sticky notes
>>
cardboard bookmark
never had a problem with one falling out or anything
>>
>>7879010
ticket stubs, business cards or napkins, usually
>>
>>7880413
>not buying books with acid-free paper
W E W
>>
>>7879010
I like those little magnetic clip bookmarks have a good day sir :^)
>>
I have a stack of white index cards lined on one side.
>>
Old playing cards
>>
>>7880470
>his books aren't made out off blotter paper

do you even ascend
>>
For the longest time, shit you not, I used an Ancient Mew Pokemon card from the first movie.

When I lost that, I started using one of these guys that I got as a gift for christmas one year. They're actually pretty great. I highly recommend them.
>>
File: sproot.jpg (38 KB, 607x200) Image search: [Google]
sproot.jpg
38 KB, 607x200
>>7880717
Forgot image.

They're called Sprouts. You can find 'em pretty easy in sets of two or six foir a fairly good price.
>>
>>7879066

>I'm sure they have talked about stopping you
Why would they? The stuff is literally worth almost nothing at all, especially not to the employees, since it aint a product.

Employees at Ikea as well won't care if you take about 20 of the Ikea Pencils in your pockets while you walk through the store (not from one station - that will get you in trouble, cause it means they directly have to refill it, which is effort for them).

Basically I get all my pencils for free from Ikea.
>>
I use a Jesus prayer card. I'm an atheist.

*arodef spit*
>>
I'm currently using a crumpled up receipt for a jacket I found in my friend's car
>>
>>7881450
Your friend made you purchase the jacket?
>>
>>7880426
Hello WA friend
>>
>>7881456
underrated
>>
Right now I'm reading Infinite Footnotes and the footnotes bookmark is a regular bookmark and the other bookmark is a folded over piece of paper with things me and my friends drew when we were drunk in a pub in Ireland. It's a good memory so I keep it around.
>>
>>7879043
>>7881394
based.

and i used a one dollar bill for a while
>>
>>7879010
rizla
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.