[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ethiopia.jpg (27 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
ethiopia.jpg
27 KB, 443x332
How do you deal with the concern that your writings will be misinterpreted?
>>
>>7878021

I'm writing The Bible 2, so I really have no fear of how they might interpret it, because it should basically explain itself.
>>
>>7878021
Writing my own commentaries under pseudonyms desu.
>>
>>7878032
And what of understanding the commentaries?

It's endless
>>
>>7878032
Thought I was the only one who wanted to do this, Im surprised.
Also, can someone tell me how does publicing a book works at all, I never got into the process, and Im curious
>>
File: 1458454984434.jpg (94 KB, 509x432) Image search: [Google]
1458454984434.jpg
94 KB, 509x432
>>7878079
Google
>>7878052
>>7878021
You have to trust your audience. I think it's also important to remember that when you share something created, it belongs to everyone you share it with. It's like the discovery of a new principle in physics or the invention of a new device. Part of the fun of having a recorded history is that you get to play with the old ideas. What if interpretations of your work end up being more profound than your original intent? Are your ideas really so rigid that they can't handle the reflections of a multitude of perspectives?
>>7878022
Yeah, just like the first one
>>
>>7878021
id love to have that problem. it means ive been read by an audience.
>>
I make sure to explicitly blame the Jews for the death of Western civilization several times throughout my novel so as to clear up any potential misunderstandings.
>>
>>7878270
>Implying.
Your audience will just think you are mocking antisemite people
>>
>>7878278
That's what the thirty pages of footnotes containing Auschwitz blueprints and meticulously poring over its impractical design, contradicting eyewitnesses, physically-impossible timeframe, and overall historical revisionism are for--to dispel any doubt. Then I have another forty pages of greentexts after that--one greentext to a page--with sentences like
>he thinks five ovens can cremate 2,000 bodies in a single day
>he thinks the SS wouldn't have been doing more work than the Jews themselves by having to drag 2,000 bodies down a hall, up a lift, and into ovens with every single gassing
>he thinks the fact that the chimneys supposedly used to drop in the deadly Zyklon gas have been "reconstructed" post-war and that no evidence of them exists prior to the end of it, coupled with the fact that the """""shower room""""" ostensibly used to gas the Jews shows evidence of having its interior walls knocked down postwar, indicating that it was, quite literally, used as a legitimate shower room for de-lousing, isn't suspicious
Trust me, I make it all very clear.
>>
>>7878021
>How do you deal with the concern that your writings will be misinterpreted?
Acceptance that at some stage or another it is going to be completely beyond my control.

In some ways, readers and critics are simply much more powerful than writers.
>>
>>7878305
Huh, so you are for real. One question.
Are you jewish? Please answer
>>
>>7878316
No.
One question. Why does that matter? Please answer.
>>
Because there has been already done a book about completely debunking the holocaust and their death camps.
The guy who did it was jewish, so he cant be accused of antisemite so easily.
I was thinking that was a really convenient thing when writing a so controverse book and trying to be treated seriously.
>>
>>7878331
its the old homophobic secret-faggot gag
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.