[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read this? Worth $10? I read the interview about the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 51SrWRJAjUL.jpg (35 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
51SrWRJAjUL.jpg
35 KB, 325x500
Has anyone read this? Worth $10? I read the interview about the hippie girl and the serial killer, and thought it was great.
>>
it's my favorite collection of dfw's short stories, go for it
>>
the audiobook is better since it's read by the author
>>
boring and pretentious as hell. dropped it in the middle for good
>>
>>7877202

The best thing about this book was that it introduced me to Man's Search for Meaning Viktor Frankl
>>
I really enjoyed it. Cool and interesting in the stylish aspect, cozy and in times and overall very amusing. Church Not Made with Hands and Tri-Stan: I Sold Sissee Nar to Ecko are my favorites. Pictured the latter in vaporwave aesthetics.
>>
>>7877202
If you like avant-garde fiction in relatively short bursts it's good. In terms of dfw's short story collections, I've only read this and Oblivion. I'd say this one was better as a whole.
>>
>>7877202
It's worth it for Octet, which I think is his masterpiece.
>>
>>7878211
Sisse nar was better imo. The brief interviews themselves were great too. I also liked what he did with The Depressed Person and Datum Centurio or whatever. A lot of his most memorable stuff is in there.
>>
>>7877202
Great book. The hippie girl one is probably the best and the serial killer one is probably the worst, funnily enough.
>>
>>7878433
Isn't he talking about the last brief interview where the guy talks about a hippie girl he had sex with who told him about a serial killer who raped her?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-18-05-43.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1907) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-18-05-43.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1907
>>7877202
I just bought it in the local bookshop today, enjoying what I've read. I paid £10 so $10 is a deal in my eyes.
>>
>>7878703
that cover is shit.
>>
>>7878727
Yes it is. They also had a shit cover of Infinite Jest
>>
>>7877338
FOR REAL?
>>
>>7878008
NEVER
EVER
FORGET
>>
>>7878741
That's the best cover, though.
>>
>>7880417
fuck you
>>
>>7880403
Some stories yeah. There's a bunch of voices on the audiobook for some reason, including Macgruber and Jim from The Office. No, really.
>>
>>7881554
Never gets old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLaJCRyX84k
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.