[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did you expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Stoner-Cover.jpg (287 KB, 827x1300) Image search: [Google]
Stoner-Cover.jpg
287 KB, 827x1300
what did you expect?
>>
>>7876794
weed lol
>>
Maybe less dry, i'm not saying it was bad i'm probably just too stupid to get the book, that scene at the end with the death was beautiful though.
>>
>>7876794
I expected a depressing book. And most of it was, blow after blow.

For W.S.
>>
>>7876794
It reminded me of the movie 'A Serious Man'.

That guy never stood up for himself either*. Inaction has consequences, too.

Stoner let his cunt of a wife fuck him and his daughter over. For that, he died alone.

*And it's not like he didn't know how. He took over those freshmen comp classes with authority and got his old classes back.
>>
>>7876927
>>7876794
WS (and everyone's) happiness was a result of their own actions, they chose to live that way.

it's like "what did you expect" -- this is the life you chose, nobody forced them into living like that, you've had every opportunity to change.
>>
>>7876999
I'm going to follow-up on this a little: it's also the reason I don't find this book depressing; it's uplifting to know you're in command of your life, that ultimately your fate belongs to you.

Katherine really came out on top, she was the real hero in this tale, everyone else lived a self-induced tragedy.
>>
L O M A X
O
M
A
X
>>
>>7876999
>>7877015
I agree.
>>
>>7876999
>>7877015
More frightening than comforting IMO.

Just representing average 4channer tho.
>>
File: corn1.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
corn1.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
>>7876794
I was expecting wheat.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.