[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mother russia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1459308100597.jpg (107 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1459308100597.jpg
107 KB, 894x894
I want to learm russian, do iam looking for russian lit with not so elaborate style of writting. Could /lit/ help me? Iam complete beggineer but i want to learn the language on my own like i did with english.
>>
>>7876624
Mate, you didn't learn english.

But since you'll ignore that fact, i'll tell you how to learn russian by yourself.

I downloaded a book (in portuguese, so you'll have to find one in your language) teaching russian, and every day I dedicate a hour reading it and doing the exercises, and when i'm working I keep memorizing the words and grammar rules.

It's not really hard.
>>
>>7876624
THe best book is pretty much agreed to be the New Penguin Russian Course. But that's for English speakers I guess

Personally I just read shit way above my actual level and eventually it starts to click
>>
>>7876888
Thanks, i know my english is not that great but i can read the books iam interested in and that is all i need.
Do you remember the name of the book?
Any tips for cyrilic alphabet? Iam Czech so i dont think the grammar will be problem, slavic languages are very similar.

>>7876899
Thanks, im trying to do just that
>>
>>7876935
Sorry, I don't remember it. It's not with me right now.

I found the alphabet to be quite easy. I just kept repeating the words and their sounds until I memorized all of it.
>>
>>7876959
Ok thanks anyway, but just out of curiosity, why do you think I didn't learn English? I can't find anything obviously wrong in my texts
>>
>>7876969
In the OP, you wrote "do iam looking for russian lit". If I were to correct that phrase, I would write "Am I looking for russian lit", which basically means that you are asking yourself if you are looking for russian lit.

There also are some wrong words, like "beggineer" and "learm", but I guess that's just a typo.

Also, use more commas.
>>
>>7877011
Oh yeah, I see it now. Its 3am here, night shift, I'm in a zombie mode.
>>
>>7876624
Learning the alphabet shouldn't be too hard no matter what your first language is, the Russian alphabet is the easiest part about the language desu. If you think you are fine with the grammar then you really should be in for some smooth sailing.
Read russian grammar books, watch some russian movies with subtitles (Tarkovsky is good for this since his movies aren't too dialogue driven, also amazing films), talk with Russian people.
Good Russian lit for beginners is Pushkin, read the Stationmaster. His other stories and poems are all good of course, and reading him allows you to appreciate the most culturally important writer in Russia. Just be careful trying to read some of the /lit/core Russian novels, Bulgakov especially, that shit is really hard as a beginner. Amazing, but hard. I'd recommend getting a book of Russian short stories with the english translation on each page, those are super handy. Good luck
>>
Why do people always ruin their art with their signature? It never looks good and to me it completely ruins the art. Take a look at the greatest artists and you will find no blatant signature because it looks disgusting. Honestly, the kind of people that have those blatant signature need to be tortured at Guantanamo Bay instead of terrorist. Just replace those terrorists with the artists that do that and the world would be a better place. Once eugenics comes around I pray that they will cull them before they come of age.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.