[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this booklist, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: biz booklist 3.gif (1 MB, 1078x1660) Image search: [Google]
biz booklist 3.gif
1 MB, 1078x1660
What do you think of this booklist, /lit/?
>>
>no Trump
Discarded
>>
>>7876273
only read "how to win freinds and influence people" from whats compiled here but i would reccomend that its a very nice read, so if any of those are on par with that, cant be a terrible list although some titles are sort of "click bait" example, "i will teach you to be rich" write a book on how to get rich to get rich
>>
Kahneman is great. Malkiel is pretty good. Taleb is okay but kind of a blowhard and I'm not really sure there's much in there you could use as investment advice. Sowell, Hazlitt and Schiff are hacks, avoid at all costs. Marx is...interesting. I will avoid passing judgment either way but I do not think you'll get any useful investment advice out of Capital.

Haven't read the rest.
>>
>wanting to male money for yourself
>capital by marx
Somethin dont add up
>>
>>7876987
I think that book is in the list because: "Know thy enemy."
>>
Learn to FX trade kids, you can work for 2hrs a day and earn enough to stay at home and write.
>>
>>7876273
>biz
>lit
pick one
never show this to me again
>>
File: fixed.png (775 KB, 1078x1543) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
775 KB, 1078x1543
Fixed
>>
>>7878618
Do you believe Trump actually wrote this himself?
> What is a ghostwriter
>>
>>7876273
Capital is the only worthwhile one
>>
>>7876273
I don't get why The Idiot is there. Seems to be the only fiction book too.
>>
>>7879419
It's a very good story about how assuming good in people doesn't make them do good things. i.e. you can't wish for altruism in business.

"The Goal" is also fiction.
>>
Think and grow rich is a fucking joke. 300 pages to say "Just believe in urself" like every bullshit self-helper.

>>7878951
What part of his post made you believe that he believed Trump wrote it himself?
>>
>>7876943
why is hazlitt a hack?
>>
>>7879459
The only reason to recommend it is to get the wisdom of the Trump.
Trump didn't write it ---> No worthwhile recommendations about money

If meant as a joke: well memed, lad.
>>
>>7876943
Taleb is fantastic for investment advice. Nothing else in that list will give you a better conception of the nature of risk and volatility.
>>
>>7879603
are you memeing?
>>
>>7879522
Hazlitt isn't a hack. That scrub is just too arrogant to realize that real intelligence is recognizing that economies operate on a very simple basis. That anon probably has an economics degree and gets upset when Hazlitt proves him useless.
>>
>>7879815
what do you mean?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.