[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pratchett/Discworld thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
I am looking for a particular picture of the Discowrld fanart wherein Sam Vimes is holding an axe above a cowering Dwarf.
The dwarf is handing him a toy cow.
A nice little pic that shows the essence of a scene from Thud!, and I'm seeking it.

Can anyone who has it post it up? Also, Pratchett celebration thread if you like.
>>
Whatever, nerd.

What is the best Discworld print for collection purposes? I want to one day own them all but I imagine, the series consisting of 40,000 million books, they're going to look like a fucking mess on my shelf. I just want them to all be the same height at least, preferably with consistent covers too. Also, RIP in RIP, Terry.
>>
>>7876863
I find the black books with the single grey-ish item on the front covers are tasteful and consistently sized, but I don't know if they've done all the books that way.
Otherwise it might just be best to grab the original cover designs. They are usually the same size.
>>
>>7877740
>I don't know if they've done all the books that way
That's the problem, really. I bought the Colour of Magic the day he died, and I picked the best cover I could see, but now I realise that I have no idea if they went through the entire collection or not. Or if they just did a few of them in that style/size.
>>
>>7877762
After checking it out, it looks like there's been no complete collection of the same theme except just.. the original covers. Which often come in A4 or A5.
Problem is that they aren't very good, until the much later ones.
terrible art.
>>
>>7877801
Yeah, the art gets good once Kirby dies and Kidby takes over.

Although there is something appealing about Kirby's illustrations. I know they're an ugly mess, but there's still something there...
>>
>>7877817
I've got most of the Kirby ones, i think they're gorgeous. I'm not too concerned about keeping my bookcase looking 'literary' seeing as i have enough hard lit books, and this way i can just acknowledge the nerdiness of the collection.
>>
I've read most of the Vimes, Rincewind and Death books.
Are there any other "series" that are good? like the Granny Weatherwax books?
>>
is Rinvewind a old or a young wizard? In Kirby's art he' always portrayed as a grey beard old man. But in Kidby'a art and in the games he looks more in his 40's
>>
>>
File: 91aC4cYBeQL[1].jpg (713 KB, 1500x2339) Image search: [Google]
91aC4cYBeQL[1].jpg
713 KB, 1500x2339
>>7878268
Yeah I wouldn't mind having the Kirby's. But I think the one I bought is some sort of mixture? It's like they've gotten a piece of Kirby art but isolated it, so there isn't a messy Kirby background. It looks good but I doubt I can find others like it. (pic related)

>>7878300
I personally quite like the Moist books. I think there's three? Anyway, at least read Going Postal. It's been so long since I've read most of the books that I actually cannot remember which I've read and which I haven't. Which is part of the reason why I want to start a collection. I'm going to read them all chronologically, so I definitively know that I haven't missed any.

>>7878330
This is quite old, isn't it? I remember using this years ago. At least one good thing comes from Sir Terry's death, we can now have a definitive guide that won't ever need updating.
>>
>>7878320
That's always been puzzling for me too.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.