[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wuthering Heights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: wuthering-heights.jpg (38 KB, 300x475) Image search: [Google]
wuthering-heights.jpg
38 KB, 300x475
Why do some women actually like Heathcliff? He's a piece of shit, and I'm about a sixth through with the novel.

'Greatest love story of all time?' What the fuck, if I wanted to read about sadomasochism I'd read Venus in Furs.

What did you guys think about this novel?
>>
I thought the main character was a dislikable stuck up bitch, heathcliff an unbearable ugly asshole -even uglier at the end- and the priest guy also a piece of shit for wanting her to marry him. The only bearable people were her childhood friend who sadly passed away, and the two sisters who helped her through her stay in the little cottage with the priest guy who's name i don't recall.
>>
>>7874618
>about a sixth through with the novel

Shut the fuck up and finish the book before you post about it fuck's sake man.
>>
>>7874618
I can't stand this book
>>
>>7874640
Fuck yes I'm not the only one.
>>
>>7874618
Reverse Cuck with Unresolved Sexual Tension, the novel
>>
>>7874649
lol no you may be, i was confusing this shit with Jane Eyre from Charlotte Bronte so yeah. I did read Wuthering heights a long time ago and i thought i was pretty good though, definitely better than Jane Eyre.
>>
>>7874659
I thought Jane Eyre was okay. Different strokes, I guess.
>>
speaking as a woman, i'd say they're more attracted to the idea of a passionate, all-encompassing love. plus the whole byronic hero thing has always been attractive
>>
>>7874659
>>7874640 seems to be talking about WH
>>
>>7874642
OP is right though. Heathcliff only gets worse.
>>
tl;dr

Catherine: I'm a teenager forever. OMG Heathcliff is so hot because he abuses me.
Heathcliff: I hurt you because I love you, bitch.
>>
>>7874680
>>7874680
Nah Jane Eyre im pretty sure. I think i liked more Wuthering Heights because i enjoy either completely corrupt fucks or good people, whereas Rochester was somewhat in the middle, yet a sort of passive agressive douchebag. Heathcliff was more of a complete monster and that's somewhat more liberating to read, atleast for me.
>>
The characters in this novel are such whiny bitches, damn.
>>
All of you retards are failing to see that the characters were written to be unlikeable. This is an anti-romance novel.

While reading this how could you, for one second, think that Bronte intended for this to be a traditional romance novel? In this time of repression, unbridled love manifested as outward hatred and refusal -- displayed in every character.

This is a masterpiece, by the way.
>>
>>7874618
OMFG I WANT A MAN TO BEAT ME UP AND TELL ME HE LOVES ME

Jesus Christ this is such a reverse cuck novel with a cuck
>>
>>7874618
>Why do some women actually like Heathcliff?
>He's a piece of shit.

There. You answered your own question. Some women are retarded, that's all.

I actually liked the book decently, but its overpraised to all hell. >>7874977 this. I don't think its a masterpiece because of that, but its clever.
>>
shit
>>
http://www.counter-currents.com/2011/03/on-wuthering-heights/
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.