[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Case try to throw coffee on Armitage when they first met?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: neuromancer.jpg (43 KB, 616x544) Image search: [Google]
neuromancer.jpg
43 KB, 616x544
Why did Case try to throw coffee on Armitage when they first met?
>>
>>7874015
I forget.
>>
File: IMG_20160319_215234170.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_215234170.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
If I rember right he's still in his nhilistic death wish phase then, not mention he's nuerotic and unpredictable like any drug user.. He just lashes out I'd say.
>>
Is this book more reddit or less reddit than Snow Crash?
>>
>>7874080
Significantly less.
>>
Because it's shitty pulp genre fic who cares
>>
>>7874149
I care.
>>
he wanted to see how badly Armitage needed him. badly enough to send Molly out to collect his ass, yes, but he was desperate for any information he could get, and throwing coffee at him was a test both of Armitage's reflexes ("ah.. he's special forces, is he? right..") and of his authority.
>>
>>7874149
Oh let me make a sweeping overgeneralization about a book i've never read
>>
>>7874149

name one thing you approve of. sucking cocks under the tables at truck stops doesn't count.
>>
>>7874080
Neither are plebbit novels
>>
>>7874205
getting blowjobs in the airport men's room, people who can hold a lively argument without taking anything personally, reaching the day's page number goal and reading on, enjoying a compliment internally while denying it externally, italo calvino and coffee.
>>
why did case spray that black guy with a super soaker filled with orange juice
>>
What exactly was the point of Wintermute assembling the whole team? I don't remember what anybody actually does besides the brazilian guy trying to stab them in the back and getting killed by the ninja.
>>
>>7874357
to get Wintermute / Neuromancer free of 3Jane Ashpool, who was a crazy bitch.
>>
>>7874377
I thought 3Jane was just some people popsicle stuck in her family business?

It's been so long since I've read Neuromancer, but I sort of wish it had focused a bit more on Case and Molly trying to work out their personal issues.
>>
>>7874207
Snow crash is pretty good but it is a bit reddit. Check out his other works too if you haven't, they're pretty solid.
>>
>>7874459
>it is a bit reddit
What does this even mean?
>>
>>7874469
It means precisely nothing. I don't think 4chan even remembers reddit is a website any more. It's just an adjective for "thing I don't like".
>>
I have never felt more conned than when the internet convinced me to read this shittastic book.
>>
>>7874357
>Case is a hacker who is desperate to get his neurotoxin cured
>Molly is a cool bodyguard
>Riviera was supposed to be able to convince 3Jane to give them the password, I forget why though, I think maybe they knew each other?
>>
>>7874624
There is definitely a Reddit feeling, it's hard to pinpoint what it is but it involves a kind of layman appreciation for science, false cheerfulness, extremely shallow intellectual posturing, an obsession with puns and other low forms of humor.

If you visit that website at all you can't not notice it.
>>
File: spite.jpg (53 KB, 640x377) Image search: [Google]
spite.jpg
53 KB, 640x377
>>7874015
>>
>>7874634
Yeah this book is severely overrated and disappointing.
>>
>>7875685
Ah, thanks. I see what your getting at and Snow Crash definitely has some of those elements. Seems wrong to shit on it for being Reddit when it predates it by 20 years, tho.
>>
>>7874388
3janes Dad was the popsicle
>>
Go back to your containment thread, genre fiction plebs.
>>
>>7874634
yeah. i guess that's nine months of your life you won't get back. nine months you could have spent reading... four spiderman comics.

get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>7874080
>le ebin samurai mafia pizza driver the freakin' DELIVERATOR man!!! xD
Snow Crash starts out so badly and Reddit that it's really hard not to drop it, but it does get pretty good.

Neuromancer starts excellent and gets worse and worse until it's almost unreadable by the time they're in Space Station AI Fever Dream world or whatever the fuck happens up there.
>>
I just finished this. Who is 3Jane? Isn't she part of T-A and if so why wouldn't she give Molly the password? Why was Riviera buddies with her?
>>
>>7875685
>it involves a kind of layman appreciation for science, false cheerfulness, extremely shallow intellectual posturing, an obsession with puns and other low forms of humor.
Sounds like 4chan desu.
>>
I wouldn't know, I only read literature
>>
What the fuck is going on in this book,
>>
Where can I find a QT3.14 femme fatale bodyguard-type gf who is into my pale skin and ruined liver
>>
>>7880172
"What the fuck is going on in this book", the book.
>>
>>7877736
Snow crash was heavily influenced by anime and It developed a world based on everybody being a weeaboo. It's played straight with no irony because at the time it was written anime was new and unique to western audiences. Reading the book now is a strange experience because the world it imagines actually has been internalized but only by a degenerate subsection of people. The best way to enjoy it today is to read it as parody that is played straight to demonstrate absurdness.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.