[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are they gonna make me read /lit/? >Intro to women's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: the-thin-red-line-Caviezel.jpg (102 KB, 425x184) Image search: [Google]
the-thin-red-line-Caviezel.jpg
102 KB, 425x184
What are they gonna make me read /lit/?
>Intro to women's lit
>British authors after 1800
>American authors after 1900
>Intro to metaphysics

I'm 25. Haven't been to school in 4 years and just enrolled for fall 2016.
>>
start with the greeks
>>
Good luck finding time for leisure reading
>>
Ready Player One
>>
>>7872890
>How to be a western cuck
>>
>>7872890
>>Intro to women's lit
Hopefully woolf, Dickinson, Emily Bronte, O'Connor
>>British authors after 1800
Hopefully poets
>>American authors after 1900
Memes
>>Intro to metaphysics
Dunno
>>
>>7872890

It depends on where you're studying

>Intro to women's lit
This could go one of two ways. If you're at a cucked liberal college, it'll be mainly feminist writers like De Beauvior, Susan B. Anthony, Dora Montefiore, Steinem, etc.

If you're at a college that actual cares about quality, you'll read the likes of Sappho, Dickinson, Flannery O'Connor, Virginia Woolf, Jane Austen, etc.

>British authors after 1800
Dickens, Stevenson, Kipling, Conrad, Byron, Coleridge, Wordsworth, the Bronte Sisters, Jane Austen, etc.

>American authors after 1900
Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Steinbeck, Hemingway...maybe O'Connor, Pynchon, or McCarthy if you get into post-WWII stuff.

>Intro to metaphysics
Plato, Aristotle, Aquinas, Augustine, Descartes
>>
>>7872917
you named the only good female writers in the history of the world. they'll probably make him read fucking atwood or something. you'll be lucky to read joyce carol oates op
>>
>>7872960
Thanks for this. It's a Big 10 school so not too cucked I hope.
>>
>>7872960
>>Intro to women's lit
>This could go one of two ways. If you're at a cucked liberal college, it'll be mainly feminist writers like De Beauvior, Susan B. Anthony, Dora Montefiore, Steinem, etc.
>If you're at a college that actual cares about quality, you'll read the likes of Sappho, Dickinson, Flannery O'Connor, Virginia Woolf, Jane Austen, etc.

Unless god forbid he gets into one of those classes where those aren't even the woman writers studied - he could get like some people who are Jacket2 or like Nuyorican regulars
>>
>>7872960
If it's liberal enough maybe he can say he identifies Joyce as a woman and can read him, er her, instead.
>>
>>7872890
>intro to metaphysics
other anon covered early metaphysics, i did a class where we started at descarted, went through leibniz, hume, spinoza, some others, finally arriving at kant
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.