[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /lit/ read picture books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 286x176
Does /lit/ read picture books?
>>
>>7872714
only if Dore is illustrating them
>>
>>7872718
Or Blakes illustrations for his poetry
>>
I bought this for my nephew. He likes it.
>>
>>7872714
Is that horror?
>>
>>7872714
my uncle bought me this

i liked it
>>
>>7872714
Is that a rare pepe?
>>
Not exactly picture books, but I am a fan of Shel Silverstein
>>
File: boys club.jpg (166 KB, 821x1059) Image search: [Google]
boys club.jpg
166 KB, 821x1059
>>7873471
naw mang
>>
In general? No. Do I like them? Yes.

I've actually been considering writing a picture book. Yeah, they're all pretty much the same.
It'd be about a dragon who was adopted by a panda and a tiger. Dragon gets teased at school because he doesn't look anything like his parents. So the dragon gets all pissed off and decides to go find his real family, but he doesn't know he's a dragon, so he goes and finds all these other animals who have his features and tries to fit in.

Like, he has antlers so he tries to be a deer. The deer kick him out. He has wings so he tries to be a bird. The birds kick him out. He has long ears so he tries to be a rabbit. Te rabbits kick him out.

Eventually he finds this huge fucking dragon that's like a million times the size of him, and he finds out that dragon is his real dad. But the dragon is so freaking lazy and careless and doesn't give a shit about the little dragon, so he decides to just go home, and he realizes the panda and the tiger loved him, and that's all that matters.

I guess it's a story about adoption.
>>
>>7872714
I read Manga
>>
File: Robert-Sabuda.jpg (117 KB, 925x898) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Sabuda.jpg
117 KB, 925x898
You know what I DO love? Pop-up books.

I've collected a ton from Robert Sabuda. Only problem is you SERIOUSLY cannot mess with these things a ton. My copy of Alice in Wonderland is missing a shitton of little moving bits now.
>>
do equations count as pictures?
>>
File: arrowtothesun.jpg (28 KB, 468x387) Image search: [Google]
arrowtothesun.jpg
28 KB, 468x387
i guess the story is flat out incorrect mythologywise but i love the illustrations.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.