[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World War Three: Last Chance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11
File: Zapp.jpg (9 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
Zapp.jpg
9 KB, 225x224
You may remember me from such posts as "World War Three"
My campaign closes today, in a few hours, and anyone who nominates the book gets a free copy if it succeeds. Kindle Scout is a great service; look into it! If I get enough nominations, I get a publishing contract. I've had wonderful feedback so far. Why don't you tell me what you think?

You can read a bit about me, and 5,000 words of the book, and a synopsis. I will bump with fan art! :D
It would take very little of your time, and it would mean a lot to me.

The campaign is here:
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/13B4CQVVAZ420
Thank you.
>>
File: Fetch Underwood.png (301 KB, 906x829) Image search: [Google]
Fetch Underwood.png
301 KB, 906x829
My friend, Rhiannamation, loves the book. She constantly draws me fan art about her favourite characters. Here is the main character, Fetch Underwood.
>>
File: Ruby, Orange.jpg (64 KB, 898x1732) Image search: [Google]
Ruby, Orange.jpg
64 KB, 898x1732
Here is Ruby introduced in Chapter 2
>>
File: Ruby, Red.jpg (60 KB, 898x1732) Image search: [Google]
Ruby, Red.jpg
60 KB, 898x1732
Although Rhianimation prefers her with hair to match her name
>>
The fight scene is kind of weird. Have you actually taken martial arts?
>>
File: Fetch and Akrya Chibi.jpg (43 KB, 793x507) Image search: [Google]
Fetch and Akrya Chibi.jpg
43 KB, 793x507
Fetch and his friend Akrya tend to have an inappropriate laugh together, which inspired this chibi
>>
>>7870416
Weird how?
Play it through in your head, I went over it a bunch of times, with a friend too.
I've done a little Tae Kwon Do, and I have a few friends advanced in the arts
>>
>>7870346
>Follow gifted young general Fetch Underwood
>gifted young general Fetch Underwood
>young general Fetch Underwood
>Fetch Underwood
>Fetch... Underwood

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... Nice name OP, just for that, fuck you.
>>
>>7870435
I have no idea what you're on about
>>
>>7870435
On the origin of the name, Fetch Underwood:
Fetch was a nickname I had when I wrote the book.
Underwood is a nice name.
>>
File: Fetch Line Art.jpg (32 KB, 340x960) Image search: [Google]
Fetch Line Art.jpg
32 KB, 340x960
More chibi for the masses
>>
File: Fetch icon.png (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Fetch icon.png
29 KB, 200x200
>>7870477
* I meant line art. Chibi is in this one
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
Here's an artist's interpretation of the main villain, Lindsey
>>
>>7870508
funny
>>
>>7870508
There are a few antagonists. The main one is the ILA, or International Liberation Army.
There's also Tom...
>>
what is your writing process? did you edit a lot? do you have a writing group/beta readers?
>>
>>7870591
Sorry about the delay.
I wrote the book over a long period of time. I had idead for ages and I started getting them on to paper during NaNoWriMo in 2013. I didn't get the book done in a month but once I had started I was motivated to keep going. I edited it as I went along. It's not a speedy process, so if you're in a good state of mind to get words on the page, keep writing.
I mostly edited following this pattern:
>>Write a paragraph
>>edit paragraph
>>reread and consider where to go from there
>>write the next paragraph
>>edit paragraph
>>read them together, to see how the writing flows
>>read the second paragraph and consider where to go from there
>>write the third paragraph...

Then I read it as a chapter, and do more edits from there.
Every time I'm stuck with where to go, I reread what I have done, at least the last few chapters. This gives the book continuity.
When it was finished, I read it again, looking for plot holes and word overuse. Minor edits can make a big difference, I have found. No matter how much I read it I want to change something small.
No one else helped me with the editing, but a friend or two did point out a mistake when they read it.
As I said, don't stop after a paragraph if you have a lot to say.

I also kept a note of ideas that came to me when I wasn't writing, so I could check them when I started writing or when I was stuck.
It is important to have an overarching plot the whole time, however.
>>
>>7870732
interesting. i like to hear about how people write.

well, i gave you a vote. good luck with your writing.
>>
>>7870775
Much appreciated :D
>>
File: Akrya.jpg (148 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Akrya.jpg
148 KB, 720x960
A sketch of Akrya standalone.
Akrya is an acronym for the initials of the character's real life inspiration
>>
Anyone interested in a quirky picture Rhianimation drew, a "ship"?
>>
>>7871090
Fuck no. Stop shilling your shit here.
>>
>>7871090
ok sure
>>
OP, stop bumping this spam with more of your friend's frankly awful drawings. You should hope you don't get chosen for kindle because if you keep writing you'll be embarrassed by how terrible that story is later in life.

If you do keep bumping it then I'm going to upload the extract to multiple websites and report you to the kindle people for plagiarism. /lit/ is not an appropriate place for advertising.
>>
File: Fan Fiction.jpg (89 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Fan Fiction.jpg
89 KB, 720x960
>>7871093
>>7871131
Two very different opinions. I prefer the second one.
Here it is as a sketch
>>
>>7871145
People were interested. I prefer the term sharing.
Kindle has the whole 72,000 word copy. I would be very impressed if you could argue plagiarism.
>>
>>7871155
I don't need to prove it conclusively to scupper your chances at this competition.

Seriously, go away and learn to write.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.