[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literature about the fall of society
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
I am searching for literature the depicts the collapse of societies or nations (it doesnt matter if it is fictional or historical ) on the street level. Meaning that I am looking for stories that illuminate the everyday life of everyday people.
So do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
>>
>>7869212

Foundation by Asimov might be what you're after
>>
>>7869221

Book 1 of the seven?
>>
>>7869212
Would you count Dubliners?
>>
2666, definitely.
>>
>>7869423

I'm in the towards the end of the second one, I'd say the first one deals the an old civilization dying and a new one emerging in its wake, second one seems to be about what happens when something of an unprecedented event has the potential to bring down the current civilization. I have no idea if the other books follow the same theme since I've only got the first three.

Book of New Sun kind of fits this as well, with the whole world being decrepit and apocalyptic.
>>
High rise
>>
Atlas shrugged
>>
Submission. Most of Houellebecq actually.
>>
>>7869212
les mis
tale of two cities
anything about any french popular uprising.. 1789, vendee, 1814, 1815, 1830, 1848, 1870, 1870, paris commune, algerian war, 1968
>>7871071
how many times have you posted this in the past two days
>>
>>7869569
It is not bad but I will look into it because I am not very good with some of the Irish narrative.

>>7869572
900 pages? Oh lord. I will look into that also

>>7869780
I like the concept but I am interested in the previous period from what the book depicts. Meaning I would be very interested if the book if the book displayed a time before the isolation of the haves and the have nots

>>7871060
I am not sure about that one

>>7871071
Not what I am looking for but I really like the irony/theme

Thanks
>>
Kubin's "the other side" does this really well
>>
>>7869212
the novel I'm working on
>>
The Old Testament
>>
Havoc's Children: Dog Days of Thereafter, decent artwork, very cheap.
>>
Fzero gx
>>
>>7869212
Just read swedish newspapers, ffs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.