[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /lit/. I'm 18 I've never really been a huge book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
Hey, /lit/. I'm 18 I've never really been a huge book guy aside from graphic novels and fantasy books. Recently, I've had an impulse to read some literature. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book to start with existentialism or depression closure? I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety with problems seeing only the worst in most things, so I'd like to be immersed in a story aswell as to gain some insight.
>>
File: Mishima.png (342 KB, 753x362) Image search: [Google]
Mishima.png
342 KB, 753x362
Read Sun and Steel by Yukio Mishima you big baby
>>
>>7869140
I've hear of Yukio Mashima before. What kind of book is Sun and Steel?
>>
>>7869140
Or is this just a subtle message telling me to commit sodoku?
>>
>>7869145
It's about bodybuilding and martial arts training
>>
>>7869161
Sounds interesting, I'll look into it
>>
File: margus.png (209 KB, 550x716) Image search: [Google]
margus.png
209 KB, 550x716
>>7869120
read meditations by picrelated
>>
Will O'the wisp by Drieu la Rochelle might interest you.
>>
the Lord of the Ringsbooks are good
>>
read proust like every serious person out there, also dont listen to >>7869140 mishima is a hack
>>
>>7869120
Existentialism start here:
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~baldner/existentialism.pdf
>>
Herion Diaries by nikki sixx, if you like cassic rock you will love this. Its about the bassist to motley crue (nikki sixx) going through his drug problems! The book itself was his experiences while high/afterwards and how it ruined his life! I dont read much but by far my favorite book! Plus nikki sixx has a small vocabulary haha
>>
>>7870091
I used to be heavily into rock star/drug autobiographies and I have to say that Heroin Diaries is decent but not great. Scar Tissue (Anthony Kiedis) and Permanent Midnight (Jerry Stahl) are MUCH better heroin books imo. Also I can't tell if you are trolling.
>>
>>7870139
No i love the book haha and i will look into those
>>
>>7869120

Read Camus' Myth of Sisyphus
>>
File: 1458416153850.jpg (39 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1458416153850.jpg
39 KB, 960x720
>>7870145
>haha
>>
Of Mice and Men
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.