[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is thic considered a great book? It is shite compared to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1439959784831.jpg (954 KB, 1273x2100) Image search: [Google]
1439959784831.jpg
954 KB, 1273x2100
Why is thic considered a great book? It is shite compared to 1984. Or is it acclaimed for the same reasons as Siddharta - for its simplicity?
>>
>>7868388
Stop Orwell posting
>>
I think it's because of effectiveness to transmit an idea, I remember that our teacher in middle school made us read that, I understood the danger of retards pretty quickly.
>>
>>7868403
I believe that middle shcool is a good time to read it, however it seems to me that the greatness of it is exaggerated a bit.
>>
>>7868412
maybe you just don't fully "get" it. you'll get there one day, anon. just keep at it.
>>
>>7868403
Danger of retards?
>>
>>7868423
oh, i see, the pigs are jus like human..
>>
>>7868423

you mean the animals represent humans and society?

holy shit
>>
>>7868424
A little self-awareness never hurt anyone, I suppose
>>
>>7868435
>>7868430
Someone should make a TIL on reddit.
>>
>>7868435
Hahaha that's cute anon but I'm sure one day you'll be able to see the true meaning. Keep at it kid
>>
animal farm is a book for 7-12y olds, 1984 is for 12-?. What then is for ?- to -eternal?
>>
>>7868670
Orwell is up to 16. Then you should move on to more advanced authors whoever that is who appeals to you. Orwell is just a bit plain and boring once you've read enough.
Id say after Orwell staying with english go for hemingway and steinbeck and then moving onto more advanced authors such as Faulkner and basic Joyce or whatever begins to attract your attention.
>>
They're both decent books, it's just your opinion that 1984>Animal Farm. They're both pretty entry-level "I had to read this in freshman year of high school" books, though.
>>
historical context
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.