[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ I'd like to find good books with a little girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Harlamoff, Alexey A.(1840 -.jpg (117 KB, 831x1109) Image search: [Google]
Harlamoff, Alexey A.(1840 -.jpg
117 KB, 831x1109
Hey /lit/

I'd like to find good books with a little girl protagonist. I'm not really sure where to ask, and to not appear creepy I ask you, here. I like fantasy and sci-fi (trash tier?), but any book will do, as long as it's enjoyable.
>>
Try Momo, by Michael Ende.
>>
Taming Riki is an excellent, underrated bit of fantasy fiction. aimed at younger readers but enjoyable for all imho. little girl protagonist is lovely and whimsical and intelligent
>>
>>7867720
For good, historical moe, try Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
>>
go to /b/ they will tell you
>>
File: opal-whiteley.jpg (106 KB, 233x367) Image search: [Google]
opal-whiteley.jpg
106 KB, 233x367
Opal Whiteley and her diary
she was 6 yo when she wrote it although they say it could be a hoax and she really wrote it while 20
>>
>>7867741
>>7867766
>>7867782
Thanks guys! I'll start with these if I can obtain them somehow. Thankfully, my local library is well stocked.
>>
>>7867720
the book thief
his dark materials
>>
Little Princess by Alfonso CuarĂ³n
>>
my diary
>>
do you like little girls, OP?
>>
File: Madouc-Jack-Vance.jpg (483 KB, 921x1433) Image search: [Google]
Madouc-Jack-Vance.jpg
483 KB, 921x1433
>>7867814
I do, when they are not overtly annoying. I have a young daughter, whom I love to death, and who is the most intelligent and funny little creature I know. Then again, some of her friends are dumb and boring (as one would expect little girls to be), so I guess I could say I like some of them.

I read Madouc by Jack Vance some time ago, and I really liked the obstinate but resourceful protagonist of the book. The other books in the Lyonesse trilogy are rather enjoyable, too.
>>
fledgeling by octavia butler.

My sister liked it. I liked it too, even though it made me feel like a pedophile.
>>
The Shamers Daughter, part of a series. Kind of a kids book, but still a great story
>>
>>7867827
Have you confessed to her yet?
>>
>>7867827
so if you have a younger daughter, you can make her read
>>7867782
Opal Whiteley, she wrote for children. Read her "Fairyland around us"
>>
>>7867720
Check out A High Wind in Jamaica by Richard Hughes. It's about a group of siblings kidnapped by pirates, and the central protag is a young girl.

Not fantasy or sci-fi, but Henry James' What Maisie Knew is also an excellent book entirely centered in a little girl's consciousness.
>>
>>7867720

Lolita
>>
>>7868205
I knew you will show up xD
>>
>>7868205
Lolita isn't a protag m9
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.