[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /lit/, i own this copy of gravity's rainbow. haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: gravity's_fuck.jpg (515 KB, 1361x2017) Image search: [Google]
gravity's_fuck.jpg
515 KB, 1361x2017
hey /lit/, i own this copy of gravity's rainbow. haven't started reading it yet. ive heard about the errors in this publication. should i sell it to my local used bookstore and buy an older copy? how bad are the mistakes?
>>
Man how the fuck does a big publishing company actually fuck up a book like GR lmoa
>>
You cant get rid of it dude. Not only is it riddled with errors, but its cursed. I tried to chuck mine out the window and it came boomeranging back inside and flew rigut back into its place on the shelf
>>
>>7867475
The mistakes are inconsequential and few, and from context, you can work it out if you're not retarded. People need to stop losing their shit over this as if it destroys the coherence of the whole book.

http://www.bookerrata.com/books/gravity.html
>>
>>7867521
That's like something that would happen in a Pynchon novel dude
>>
>>7867521
chuckled
>>
>>7867480
who the fuck has the time or the inclination to proofread gravity's rainbow?
>>
>>7867548
Wow people really love to complain if that's all the issues are. You can easily figure out what it means
>>
>>7868148
Some people aren't idiots, friend
>>
>>7867475
it's not the end of the world, but i'd still get rid of it because the errors combined with that dogshit cover is too much
>>
>>7868148
Someone who's literal job it is, perhaps?

Like, idk, an proofreader? Editor?
>>
File: 1450617970138.png (193 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
1450617970138.png
193 KB, 500x466
>>7867475
every version with the title "gravity's rainbow" has those errors. you're looking for "infinite jest"
idk why they keep selling the erroneous editions
>>
>>7869059
>that dogshit cover
kys my man
>>
>>7869126
>m-m-mmuh frank miller art ;_;

pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 620x798) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 620x798
OP just take it to a bookstore and switch it out with the one with the blue cover. it's not even stealing, really!

works like a charm
>>
>>7868734
Shhh, you're going to ruin Vintage's guerrilla marketing
>>
>>7869059
This.
Most of those penguin deluxe editions look really good, in my opinion.
This one looks like shit though.
I wonder if Pynchon had input on this. I imagine he would have had to approve it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.