[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x464
>>
I've read about 250 pages over the last 3 days, just under 300 pages in. I don't see why everyone has been saying that the book only picks up about 200 pages in, I've been enjoying it more or less from the start, what exactly was supposed to have changed?
>>
>>7865317
kill yoursefl
>>
>>7865360
As soon as I finish IJ
>>
>>7865360
Very good
>>
>>7865317
because the part with the phone call between orin and hal while hal is clipping his toenails makes everyone cum
>>
>>7865317

Wow you're super special for enjoying this turgid, autistic, hyped-up piece of crap
>>
>>7865465
you seem triggered m8

are your lectures turgid by chance?
>>
>>7865465
I apologise for asking a question about a book I'm enjoying, I should have known better
>>
>>7865317
most of the main players in the story are established by then and they start to follow their paths in some coherent fashion.
>>
>>7865317
Wardine be cry & yrstruly can be a bit trying.
>>
>>7866301
those parts were such a fucking drag. especially wardine be cry. you just dont understand whats going on. i sort of get that he's trying to tell a sad story. but what is he really saying?
im 160 pages in and ive gotten used to his writing style, its just those two chapters were difficult to get through and i dont really understand why we needed to read that.
>>
>>7866338
Those characters end up at the Ennet House. WBC is shit, yrstruly is better on tha reread.
>>
Can anyone tell me how the audiobook of this is?
I've been having problems with my eyes recently, can't read for more than a few minutes at a time without eye strain, and want to continue.
I'm reading this and V. and have chosen a few pages of V. a night over this.
>>
>>7865287
Did anybody else feel nothing but disgust for the vast majority of the characters in this book? I liked Hal's brother Orin and Michael Pemulis, I think that's all.

Everyone else filled me with loathing.

Very entertaining novel though.
>>
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 950x832) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 950x832
>>7866703
The audiobook is excellent. Gately suddenly has an accent though. And but also no footnotes*.

V. is way, way better than IJ.

*Perhaps not shockingly, little is lost by their omission.
>>
>>7866722
What was wrong with Gately? Or Marathe?
>>
>>7866722
So you liked the shittiest people in the book?
>>
>posts a book cover with no text
>gets replies

why is this meme book sprouting so many fanboys?
>>
>>7865287
better than pynchon
>>
>>7866740
What was the purpose of Gately's existence? Seriously his mind was like a bucket of half dry grey paint, there was just endless sludge. I think the only time he had a remotely interesting interior experience was when he was ashamed of the nurse wiping his ass, which was just pathetic.
>Marathe
I don't feel strongly about him either way actually, but he did give off the same unsettling invalid vibe that seemingly all of DFW's characters have
>>
>>7866729
Thanks, and I'm really enjoying V.
If I need to read the footnotes I can bust out the book for a quick look.
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 1134x1702) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 1134x1702
>>7866781
Gately is the AA vector. Marathe loves his wife :^).

Anyway, we can all agree Pemulis was the only interesting & funny character.

I hate that Career Move pronounced it 'Peemulis'. Disgusting.
>>
>>7866802
it's stated explicitly that his nickname is "the peemster"
it follows logically that his name would be pronounced the same way as it'd be bizarre to make that kind of vowel shift in an abbreviation
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 732x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 732x743
>>7866815
Welp, thankfully, the audiobook uses 'Pehm-you-liss'!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.