[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw haven't read anything in eight months >tfw scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1457803101731.jpg (150 KB, 845x507) Image search: [Google]
1457803101731.jpg
150 KB, 845x507
>tfw haven't read anything in eight months
>tfw scared to start up again
>tfw feel guilty for even typing this out
K I L L M E
>>
What are you scared about?
>>
>>7863980
I don't know, it's just overwhelming and completely irrational dread.
>>
If you can read this sentence, you can read a book.

>letting what is supposed to be an enjoyable pasttime make you feel fear and/or shame
>>
>>7863977

There's nothing wrong with you anon, you're probably sick and you just aren't aware of it, and I don't mean mentally ill. People tend to feel the way you do when their bodies are unhealthy. Sluggishness, lack of motivation/interest, irrationality, etc are all signs from your body to do something new.

Go outside more and get more exercise in the sunlight.

Drink more water, and not tap water, at least buy a filter. There could be trace amounts of lead, mercury, and or copper in your tap water from old pipes. There's enormous evidence that correlates those elements to mental degradation.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep.

Eat some real goddamn fruit and vegetables from time to time.
I'm not suggesting going on some /fit/ regime or something, these are all easy things you can do that will improve your physical well-being and your mental condition.
>>
>>7863977
read crime and punishment
>>
>>7864014
yeah man that fluorine contamination made me start a war!
>>
>tfw always end up owing the library absurd amounts of late fees every time I convince myself I want to be an avid reader but I never read because I'm a piece of shit
just reading digitally has helped slightly but I still prefer physical media
>>
>>7864021

I didn't say anything about fluorine, don't insinuate. I'm not spouting pineal gland tier mysticism here. Your health and diet plays an enormous role on your mental condition.
>>
>>7864025
I was just humoring you, your advice is legit
>>
>>7864030

Well now I feel like an ass.

Seriously OP, you can do something about your condition or you can let it persist, it's pretty much up to you and nobody else.
>>
>>7864014
I'm mentally-ill and only go outside for an hour once a week, so I think you're right on the money, my man. Thank you for the advice, I know I have to unfuck my shit up.

>>7863997
I know it should be something fun and enjoyable, but I think a large part of the fear and aversion comes from me just not being smart enough to read a lot of canonically "good" books. They just don't interest me, and then I feel terrible for being a pleb. A lot of simple allusions and parallels and such go right over my head. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>7864033
is your mothertongue english?
while the >translation meme is partially true, don't force yourself to read in english:
surely your national language have enough writing to suffice for an entire lifetime
>>
>>7864033
>part of the fear and aversion comes from me just not being smart enough to read a lot of canonically "good" books
whoa, this illustrates perfectly how mental illness can be of social origin. this is like people being unhappy in their relationships because they can not have what is in the media portrayed as "good sex".
>>
>>7864033
>I'm mentally-ill
self-diagnosed?
>>
>>7864041
Yes, it's English, I'm just a fucking retard.
>>
>>7864047
No, clinically--I'm in CBT and on meds. The only reason I go outside is to go to therapy. I have no friends, dropped out of college, and live with my mother. Life is fun.
>>
>>7864054
>>7864066
man, this sucks

still, self-defeatism does won't help you

the only things I can offer you as an advice is: go outside, and read; struggle to do so if you need, but do these

take care of yourself
>>
>>7864043
Good anaplogy.

Good evidence of the negative and insane culture of 4chan negatively imoacting people's well-being. At least he didn't become a racist misogynistic ideoloue.
>>
>it's another hormonal illiterate anon on /lit/ flirts with suicide thread
wew lad
>>
>>7863984
litophobia?
Gettouttahere!
Face your fears, mate!
>>
>tfw less time to read
>tfw the book you read turns out be boring

:-(
>>
>>7863977
It's like starting up a lawnmower engine, man. GIve 'er a few tugs and she'll be chugging along by herself afore you break a sweat.
>>
>>7863984
>u
Check out No Longer Human, I read it today on a flight and the narrator just had an irrational fear of humans, life, and so on.

It's like a Japanese Nausea.
>>
>>7865513
There are no boring books; only boring readers.
>>
>read the first page of book
>completely amored right away
>>
You frequent a website that is insanely negative. For anything you enjoy, there are dozens of people telling you it's shit and that you're less of a human being for liking it. Thicken your fucking skin.

You don't need to read books that a bunch of anonymous, self loathing, pseudo intellectuals told you are the only ones worth reading. Find something you enjoy and just go do it. If you can't mentally handle people telling you you're an asshole, I suggest you take some time off from this place.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.