[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the opinion of this? I really liked the Coppola movie,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: bram-stoker-dracula-1.jpg (87 KB, 841x1238) Image search: [Google]
bram-stoker-dracula-1.jpg
87 KB, 841x1238
whats the opinion of this?
I really liked the Coppola movie, but seems like it sacrificed a lot for aesthetic
should I read it?
>>
>>7863658
My only Vampire experience.
It's a really nice book.
Really nice.
I liked everything about it.
>>
>>7863658
Also my only vampire book, but it's great. The travels across Europe, the hunt and capture at the end. Some great moments and tension.
>>
It was unexpectedly fun, v. aesthetic. It's not a masterpiece, but it's worth a read.
>>
this is one of those books like frankenstein and dorian gray i should have read years ago and just feel like i will absolutely hate
>>
>>7863658
You liked the movie? That includes Keanu? Its one of the most badly acted movies Ive seen. The book is silly but fun.
>>
had to read this for my gothic lit seminar, was pretty surprised. Its form lets it read through easily and it captivates
>>
>>7863658
Really nice
>>
>>7863658

Only part I really liked was with Van Helsing deducing the count was a vampire but a nice little allegorical tale about foreigners invading.
>>
>>7863658
There's a lot of better gothic novels out there. Unless you want to impress (lol) someone, skip it in favor of The Monk, Castle of Otranto or sth.
>>
>>7864976
This desu.

At first I thought the weird storytelling format would make it boring, but I ended up really enjoying it.
>>
Fun book, 19th century middlebrow.
>>
My diary desu
>>
>>7863658
Loved the diary of the doctor and the captain.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.