[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well can you write from a father's perspective without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: doa.jpg (80 KB, 618x515) Image search: [Google]
doa.jpg
80 KB, 618x515
How well can you write from a father's perspective without actually being one?
Is it enough to know your father (whatever that means), or a father(s)?
>>
No, you can only write autobiographically.
>>
>>7863557
jk rowling is a wizard, tolkien was a dwarf, and george rr martin really is a pedophile
>>
Just use Homer Simpson as a template.
>>
>>7863570
I wonder which is the more difficult: writing what you are not, or writing what you cannot be.
>>
>>7863575
would you rather have sex with your mum or your dad?
>>
>>7863578
>>
>>7863586
your mum then....? id go for my dad desu
>>
>>7863593
gay.
>>
>>7863578
YAH BOOBAY
>>
The answer to this question is really just: how good are youre perspective taking skills?
Knowing your father helps, knowing him WELL and synpathizing with how he acted when you were a kid will help even more. Its really all about your ability to empathize and role-play, really try to look through his eyes and read his emotions the best you can.
>>
>>7863557
Think like Zizek - a father can never be a good father.

Either you're too harsh and they become passive, or you're too unimposing and they become defiant.

The solution is the same to both problems, just stop giving a shit and do what feels 'natural'.
>>
>>7863570

one of these things is not like the others
>>
>>7865523
they are all fantasy writers
>>
File: 1452387824669.jpg (174 KB, 1001x823) Image search: [Google]
1452387824669.jpg
174 KB, 1001x823
>>7865308
>a father can never be a good father
>mfw i realize this
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.