[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was the pig named napoleon tho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: kcd4vkqxjqw4uwijctvu.jpg (407 KB, 555x721) Image search: [Google]
kcd4vkqxjqw4uwijctvu.jpg
407 KB, 555x721
why was the pig named napoleon tho
>>
>>7862932
reddit general?
>>
>>7862932
Because it was written by an Englishman
>>
>>7863039
internalized francophobia
really problematic baka
>>
>>7862932
DI?MD?
?DYAM

何?
>>
Who cares?
High School-tier texts are usually laden with the most obvious of symbolism and little else
One could easily devise a good theory if they weren't directly concerned for Orwell's intent.
Even so, the book isn't good, so "finding an answer" won't be enriching enough to be worth the minimal effort it would take
p.s. i havent read it
>>
>>7864202
>the book isn't good
>i havent read it
>>
>>7862932
This image says

>DIIMDL
>FDYAM
>>
File: The_Talos_Principle_logo.png (86 KB, 350x160) Image search: [Google]
The_Talos_Principle_logo.png
86 KB, 350x160
>>7864266
this shit drives me crazy too.

the worst is when greek sigma is used as an E. or lambda is used as a A.

>THE TLLTHS PRINCIPAL
>>
>>7864278
Great game though.
>>
>>7864202
Well I've read it, well most of it, I stopped because it just didn't appeal to me.
>>
>>7862932

>want to create subversive work criticizing the British and American empires
>not allowed
>dust in vague anti Communist themes to not only be accepted but promoted by CIA

It's amazing how deep George Orwell goes. "Oh, it's just anti communism propaganda for kids "animal farm" and adults "1984".

How wrong they are. He's played everyone.
>>
>>7862932
I know I am autistic but I hate whenever people use Cyrillic as English

the title says something like
Diimd Dyam
>>
>>7865049
You'd have to be pretty stupid to think Orwell was solely criticizing Russian communism... 1984 outright advocates a proletariat uprising.
>>
>>7864235
welcome to /lit/ newfriend
>>
>>7864278
It's like those people who get tattoos of Japanese words like "friendship", "love" and other unoriginal crap, but when you look up the meaning of the symbol it actually means something completely different like "diarrhea".
>>
>>7862932
I wonder ... might it have something to do with suggesting a revolution gone wrong?
>>
>>7862932
>Diimdl fdyam
What a retarded cover.
>>
>>7862932
It's a reference to Bonapartism, as Napoleon, both the pig and the man, supposedly "hijacked" the revolution.

Pretty obvious, considering Orwell was a LibCom, and Napoleon was an obvious Stalin stand-in.
>>
>>7864059

tru
>>
>>7862932
To imply that the character was powerful.
>>
>>7864296
>>7864202

Preposterous. The book takes two hours max.

>>7862932
Napoleon = French Revolution gone awry. Soviet Communism in particular is an expression of the universal. And no farmer would name a pig Robespierre.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.