[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
granted i'm pretty dyslexic, but does /lit/ have any advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 6887588_700b.jpg (22 KB, 361x375) Image search: [Google]
6887588_700b.jpg
22 KB, 361x375
granted i'm pretty dyslexic, but does /lit/ have any advice on how to concentrate and read fairly fast?
>>
be patient
>>
>>7862737
Speed readers look at the space between two lines one on top of each other and see the words from there.
>>
Smoke less weed, seriously nigga. I'm not some Nancy Reagan, just smoke a little less. Scanning rows of text is something more difficult to do when you're high, the mind becomes too flighty.

Get more exercise.

Drink more water, and not tap water, at least buy a filter. There could be trace amounts of lead, mercury, and or copper in your tap water from old pipes. There's enormous evidence that correlates those elements to mental degradation.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep.

Eat some real goddamn fruit and vegetables from time to time.

Most people aren't actually stupid, they have the capacity to easily excel, they're just sick/unhealthy and don't know it.
>>
>>7862737

Don't worry about speed. Just pick a book you're genuinely interested in reading, and read it in a quiet place.
>>
>>7863991
this must be the record for instant pasta
>>
>>7864026

No just samefag here. It's good advice for all those people who are all basically asking the same question: "Why can't I even into concentration? I soo shad and lack enthusiasm. What's wrong with me?"
>>
>>7863991
In other words: Science the shit out of it!

Would give you all of my upvotes if I could
>>
>>7863991
this desu
>>
>>7864029

Harold Bloom can be a fat old insomniac and still read a staggering amount of books, so I don't think physical health has that much to do with concentration.

I think the more acurrate problem is that people spend too much time on the internet, going through a ton of inane posts, switching between 7 tabs. Video games don't help either, especially when they outright discourage contemplation in favor of mindless action. People train their brains to skim around and switch between different modes of thought, so they don't know how to focus on an in depth linear text like a book.
>>
>>7864042

Samefag here.

This too, though that seemed obvious to me. Some people are the exception to the rule like Harold for instance, similar to people that have smoke cigarettes for 40 years and have virtually little to no negative side-effects from it. You might end up being that rare person that poor lifestyle doesn't effect but I wouldn't suggest testing it out.
>>
Hey anon, I'm dyslexic too, one thing that's helped me a lot is using ereaders and making the text double or triple spaced so the lines aren't so close together. Most of my concentration issues turned out to be just dyslexia, now I read pretty fast and retain most of it. Try it out and see if it helps!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.