[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literature with reactionary themes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: maistre.jpg (52 KB, 683x899) Image search: [Google]
maistre.jpg
52 KB, 683x899
Can you recommend any works of literature—preferably fiction—with reactionary themes? I'm thinking, for example, of the works of D.H. Lawrence, with their reproach of modernity. The works need not be wholly reactionary, so long as they embrace at least one attendant theme.
>>
File: A.E. Housman.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
A.E. Housman.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
bump
>>
Junger for Luddite Reactionary
>>
The Deconstruction of the Deconstruction
>>
>>7862419
Book of the Long Sun.
Dostoevsky in general.
Fiction and non fiction of Chesterton and Hilaire Belloc.
>>
>>7863495
>Dostoevsky in general
here we go
>>
>>7863499
How retarded do you have to be to think Dostoevsky didn't devote a lot of effort into telling us how modern ideas are shit and how we should all go back to orthodoxy?
>>
>>7863503
>How retarded do you have to be to think Dostoevsky didn't devote a lot of effort into telling us how modern ideas are shit and how we should all go back to orthodoxy?
I don't think Dostoevsky was trying to promote any political agenda, or trying to preach silly, reductive theories, no.
Sue me
>>
File: Ernst_Junger.jpg (13 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
Ernst_Junger.jpg
13 KB, 300x274
>>7863479
I'm actually in the middle of his book The Forest Passage.
>>
>>7863512
he's widely considered slavophil

Later writers Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Konstantin Leontyev, and Nikolay Danilevsky developed a peculiar conservative version of Slavophilism called pochvennichestvo (from the Russian word for soil). This teaching, as articulated by Konstantin Pobedonostsev (Ober-Procurator of the Russian Orthodox Church), was adopted as the official Tsarist ideology during the reigns of Alexander III and Nicholas II.
>>
>>7863512
He was, although the fact that you see them as reductive is your thing, I think he was right about it.
>>
>>7863539
>he was
you really convinced me there, thanks good chap
>>
>>7863540
Did you even read him?
He is a monarchist, a pious orthodox Christian, wrote against modern ideas such as liberalism, was a slavophile, wrote a whole novel devoted to proving how bad communism is and another one about how atheism will lead to destruction of morality.
He is the most famous conservative writer that I know of.
>>
>>7863672
I agree with you about all that you wrote, but where did you see that he's monarchist ?
>>
>>7863706
It's not seen in the novels themselves clearly, it's his other personal statements and beliefs.
For example, he didn't think a communist revolution could happen because a Russian could never go against the Car.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.