[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Plain Lo in the morning. Lola in slacks. Lois Lane. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor.jpg (44 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor.jpg
44 KB, 900x506
>Plain Lo in the morning. Lola in slacks. Lois Lane.

What did he mean by this?
>>
If that was actually in the movie then I can only assume it was some random reference thrown in for literally no reason
>>
>>Lolita? I have no idea why though.
>>
>>7862342
I think he's hinting that he's aware of the relationship to superman. maybe like her and superman have to maintain a prof. image for work (slacks = full name), just lois in closed doors
>>
>>7862615
Yes, it was. Completely out of no where, probably the writers trying to make Lex look like he's smart, even though 75% of the audience won't even get the reference.
>>
Lo as in Low as in short.

Most of us know it by heart so you aren't tricking us
>>
File: jeremy_irons2.jpg (267 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
jeremy_irons2.jpg
267 KB, 750x500
He was acting pretentious trying to throw in high culture references.

Plus it could have been a nod to this guy who is in the movie.
>>
I was waiting for the Lolita quote 'cause I heard about it, but never noticed it.
>>
>>7863179
It means Lex is a pedo and was infantilizing Lois in his sick, villainous mind.
>>
>>7863222

>Plus it could have been a nod to this guy who is in the movie.

which irons probably hated. i don't see how a nod toward a nabokov/kubrick role he was in and was proud of in the middle of fucking "batman vs. superman" could've possibly pleased the man.
>>
File: george-bush-3_2536602b.jpg (53 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
george-bush-3_2536602b.jpg
53 KB, 620x387
>>7863935
>kubrick
>>
File: jaguar-f-type-coupe-06.jpg (55 KB, 522x454) Image search: [Google]
jaguar-f-type-coupe-06.jpg
55 KB, 522x454
>>7863935
>kubrick
>>
>>7863941
>>7863944
>>7863947
yeah fair call confused the films by accident.
it's late you cunts. i'm tired.
>>
File: _1436830197.jpg (34 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
_1436830197.jpg
34 KB, 600x350
>>7863953
Did someone say LATE?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.