[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>epub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 4273716-1397924558943.jpg (72 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4273716-1397924558943.jpg
72 KB, 500x375
>epub
>>
>>7861825
wrong whats it with yo ?
>>
>>7861834
this is /lit/, what did u expect
>>
File: 200w.gif (726 KB, 200x152) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
726 KB, 200x152
>>7861834
>group of bored looking starfish.jpg
>>
>>7861825
The way I see this:

>.txt
>>
File: ralph_puke-a-thon.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ralph_puke-a-thon.gif
2 MB, 320x180
> pdf
>>
I know there's always been people here clinging to pdfs like to their own poop but FFS it's gross keep it to yourself
>>
File: homer.jpg (10 KB, 256x170) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
10 KB, 256x170
>reading on a screen
>>
Whats wrong with epub?
>>
>>7862253
You can't smellz them and can't display them on yuhr shelf...
>>
>>7862248
>reading on colored cellulose fiber.
>>
>>7861825
but you can read that w adobe reader which is pretty much the best electronic reader, easily
>>
You read for the text, or do you buy books for the smell?

As long as it's not an audiobook, I have no problems.
>>
I used to stick to paper before I tried a friend's kindle paperwhite. It wasn't long after I swallowed my pride and purchased one for myself. One of the best decisions I've ever made. I want to ditch most of my books because they're taking up way too much space. I'd say it's roughly about 4 ebooks to 1 paperback these days and it's perfect that way. Most of the paperbacks are borrowed from the library -- thankfully not contributing to my overstuffed bookshelves. I'm sick of dealing with all of that shit.

I don't really have a motive here. I've just grown used to the kindle. That's it. If you're stuck on paper that's fine.
>>
can someone explain the difference between EPUB and PDF to me?
>>
>>7863171
It helps to think of a PDF as a snapshot of a page in a physical book or journal. Charts, images, and diagrams will appear the same way they appear in the printed book. This is great for picture books as well as others where the design is key. If you enlarge the page, you are zooming in to a section; this sometimes makes it not a practical option for people with low vision.

With EPUB, the emphasis is on the text itself. You can resize the text in either direction, to make short pages with large text or long pages with tiny text (this is referred to as "reflow").

learn how to do things for yourself, you pathetic fuck.
>>
Asking is doing it for myself
>>
>>7863199
>millennialis actually believe this
>>
>>7863171
>PDF
encapsulated format that includes all the data needed to display the document (fonts, graphics, text, etc)
>EPUB
ZIP'd html file
>>
I only read epub.
>>
Theres no bookstore in my town and I was banned from the library 2 years ago for an incident involving their computers.

Epubs are horrible but they are my only choice
>>
>>7863879
dude I don't understand people like you

stop jacking off in public
>>
>>7863268
>pre-millenials believe asking Google is in any way superior to asking people
If you don't feel like answering, don't. Don't waste everyone's time on vitriol instead.
>>
>>7863893
Stand out of my sunlight.
>>
>>7863905
I read far faster than the average person speaks.

Making a google search is much more efficient for most purposes than navigating the slow, ritualized interface of human communication (unless you're close with someone you can't just rock up and say a couple keywords and expect them to answer in any meaningful sense)

>don't waste everyone's time on vitriol
f u c k y o u
>>
>>7863915
>unless you're close with someone you can't just rock up and say a couple keywords and expect them to answer in any meaningful sense
According to whom?
>>
File: 1459238767798.png (31 KB, 720x644) Image search: [Google]
1459238767798.png
31 KB, 720x644
>compressed markdown
>>
>>7861825
you are wasting it.
>>
>>7863879
Could be worse, I guess

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-banned-libraries-earth-article-1.1289988
>>
File: Golliwog boy.jpg (80 KB, 468x295) Image search: [Google]
Golliwog boy.jpg
80 KB, 468x295
>>7863171
one is free as in freedom that other is Adobe cancer
>>
>>7863171
i have a PDF of "The Dune Encyclopedia".

31 MB. it consists of 536 scanned images of the pages of the book, which means you can't search for instances of "Butlerian Jihad". you have to scroll through the pictures, looking for what you want to search for.
>>
>paperback
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.