[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World hierarchy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Do you know of any books that discuss an alternative world hierarchy?

I have been thinking that Nature is the most noble thing on Earth, followed by Animals, followed by Humans. Most humans act like a destructive plague, destroying nature and killing animals and other humans for no reason whatsoever. If I was God, I would hate humans for ruining nature and killing innocent beings. So it is my theory that nature and animals are above humans.

Thoughts?
>>
definitely look into deep ecology

the wikipedia article will whitewash it but some of the people into it are notoriously extreme
>>
>>7860734
also anarcho-primitivism, if you rummage around in there you will find similarly extreme people

some of them are relatively mainstream while holding views like "we should kill 95% of humans and live in harmony with nature"
>>
no hierarchy.

read derrick jensen
>>
>>7860734
based pentii linkola
>>
>>7860734
>>7860738

Wow, that was incredibly quick. Thanks. I am going to read these articles now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_ecology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-primitivism

I should have guessed that there would be al ot of anarchists with these beliefs.

>>7860744

That is a very interesting statement. If there is no hierarchy and everything is just here to fend for itself, then we get into chaos. Let's assume there is a God. I wonder if a God would allow chaos.
>>
>>7860748
goddamn, you MUST be in highscool.

nothing negative about chaos, lad.
>>
>>7860758
Assume for the argument that a God exists. Why would a God enjoy chaos? With chaos comes suffering. That is perverse.
>>
File: 1456828247102.jpg (87 KB, 380x480) Image search: [Google]
1456828247102.jpg
87 KB, 380x480
GOAT tier: Non-existence
Acceptable tier: Inert matter
Shit tier: Life
Extremely horrible tier: Sentient life
Literally the worst imaginable immoral should-not-be tier: Sapient, self aware intelligent life

Humans, if anything, are the greatest victims of all. Any horrible thing humans do are forgiveable when you realise the singular almost unimaginable horror it is to be human compared to anything else. We have a capacity for suffering that is so great that even with all our needs met we still suffer from the mere idea of at some point not having them met. If humans were designed, a good case could be made for the idea that they were designed with the very purpose of experiencing misery.

We may be the greatest cunts around, but no other species has to bear what we do. Blaming humans for being cunts is like blaming a dog that has been tortured for years for biting people.
>>
>>7860764
>GOAT tier: Non-existence
>Acceptable tier: Inert matter (Nature)
>Shit tier: Life (Plankton, bacteria etc)
>Extremely horrible tier: Sentient life (Animals)
>Literally the worst imaginable immoral should-not-be tier: Sapient, self aware intelligent life (Humans)

Did I get the above right?

You know, your argument is extremely interesting... as humans we have these heavy, frail and sick bodies and the burden of knowing too much, it does seem like we were designed to suffer, if we were designed. You even make a good case for forgiving humans for their cuntiness.
>>
>>7860762
Perhaps God is perverse. Having existed, it seems probable.
>>
>>7860748
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_ecology

I find myelf agreeing with most of this, pretty eye opening first two paragraphs:

>The phrase "deep ecology" was coined by the Norwegian philosopher Arne Næss in 1973.[4] Næss rejected the idea that beings can be ranked according to their relative value. For example, judgments on whether an animal has an eternal soul, whether it uses reason or whether it has consciousness (or indeed higher consciousness) have all been used to justify the ranking of the human animal as superior to other animals. Næss states that from an ecological point of view "the right of all forms [of life] to live is a universal right which cannot be quantified. No single species of living being has more of this particular right to live and unfold than any other species."

>This metaphysical idea is elucidated in Warwick Fox's claim that humanity and all other beings are "aspects of a single unfolding reality".[5] As such Deep Ecology would support the view of Aldo Leopold in his book A Sand County Almanac that humans are "plain members of the biotic community". They also would support Leopold's "Land Ethic": "a thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise." Daniel Quinn in Ishmael showed that an anthropocentric myth underlies our current view of the world.[6]

>[cut…] As a consequence, civilization is causing mass extinction, at a rate of between 100 species a day, or possibly 140,000 species per year, a rate that is 10,000 times the background rate of extinction. Deep ecologists hope to influence social and political change through their philosophy. Næss has proposed, as Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke writes, "that the earth’s human population should be reduced to about 100 million."[8]
>>
>>7860777
If you live forever, you would eventually get bored of being perverse/evil. It would just lead to the same-old self destruction. So you would invent a new game: Love/joy/being a trickster. So I believe God, if he exists, is a trickster. The greatest trickster who ever existed. Who perfectly balances joy and misery to give people interesting, challenging and rewarding lives.
>>
>>7860762
read Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson

im out, goodbye
>>
>>7860784
>perfectly balances

I'm assuming you mean in terms of life as a whole?
>>
>>7860786
>Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Trigger_I:_The_Final_Secret_of_the_Illuminati

Wut. Conspiracy book...

Take care =)
>>
>>7860775
Yes, if by nature you mean rocks and stuff. Things that exist but are not alive and are therefore, as far as I know, not inconvenienced by their own existence.
>>
>>7860784
t. alan watts
>>
>>7860800
>>7860804

This is relevant to both of you, and the idea of suffering...

I have read that Earth is an amusement park meant for a high-difficulty challenge but that we can choose easy lives and easy worlds too:

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/Exceptional%20Accounts.htm
>>
>>7860810
>agency
>>
>>7860810
Here is the relevant one:
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/duane_s_nde.htm

>My joy deepened as I realized that I had only left behind an earthly vestige of those I love. The essence of each of those souls, was also here with me now. Besides my friends and family, there were the friendly Germans who had been hauntingly familiar while I was a young soldier in Germany. Now I knew why they seemed so familiar at the time, they had been friends and family from a prior lifetime there. I now understood that I had left nothing behind on earth. The eternal essences of all my loved ones from that life, as well as all other incarnations, were all here to greet me. All I had left behind was a character, playing a role in a drama that we had chosen to experience. In the meantime, our real eternal essence remained in God’s realm. Suddenly, it was all so simple.

>As I was shown around, it was explained to me how most of our celestial, eternal knowledge is blanked-out during our chosen life spans on earth. We must temporarily forget most of what our higher-self already knows so we can immerse ourselves in the roles we have chosen to play. Furthermore, they said that it might take a while for all my knowledge and memories to return. To ease the transition back into this realm, I was told to think of my time on earth as an extended visit to the ultimate theme park. Consider it a place with thrilling rides and various adventures that I could choose to experience or not. I was also reminded that the reason we leave the celestial realm at all was for the excitement, variety, adventure, and entertainment that different incarnations offer. However, to take all our celestial knowledge with us on our various adventures would have ruined the very experience that we had chosen to live. Someone there said that I should think of our trips to other realms as choosing a new novel to read. I can choose a new book, depending on what I am in the mood for. Furthermore, if I knew every turn and twist of the story, line by line, prior to reading it, it would spoil the fun.

>As one entity jokingly remarked, 'If the eternal, divine part of us grows tired of singing and playing harps, there are thousands of other universes created for our spiritual growth, amusement, and entertainment. Eternity is a long time to do nothing but play harps.' I heard this concept best expressed in The Course in Miracles, 'We are only here for three reasons: to remember who we are; to help others remember who they are; and . . . to enjoy the trip . . . , unless, of course, we use our free will and choose not to.'
>>
>>7860810
So some child painfully wasting away from some horrible cancer chose that for himself because he was bored?

Sounds like a sociopathic sophism to justify suffering.
>>
>>7860821
Not necessarily because he was bored. But because the people he decided to be born to needed to lose a child to experience their own tragedy and their own pre-destined milestones in that life.

Whoever decided to incarnate as the child and die early knew that it would be over quickly and that they would be home in heaven again, remembering that the suffering wasn't even real.

That puts a new, superhuman perspective on deciding to suffer, yes.
>>
>>7860732
Humans are locusts:

http://www.wfsb.com/story/31572301/parents-turn-easter-egg-hunt-at-pez-into-mess

PARENTS STORM EASTER EGG HUNT, TRAMPLE CHILDREN, 4-YEAR-OLD LEFT ‘BLOODY’
Pez General Manager said the crowd was "kind of like locusts"
>>
>>7860981
This is what a zombie horde looks like, ladies and gentlemen. It might not be brains they're rabidly pursuing, but it's uncontrolled mindless consumption nonetheless. They've gotta get that iPhone or that car or that flimsy plastic egg full of cheap candy, and they've gotta get it BEFORE YOU DO. These are the people who will swarm over your home and beat you to death for a piece of beef jerky when society collapses, because they have no life skills that don't involve a light switch and a grocery store. They cannot produce, they can only consume.
>>
>>7860826
Sounds like terrible new age nonsense in order to justify irresponsible behaviour to be honest.
>>
>>7860732

>placing anything besides in-group humans above yourself

Nice cuck philosophy.
>>
>>7861337
>not including in-group animals
Non-white detected.
>>
>>7860732
What do you think humans are?
Animals
Ever heard of predators and prey?
Yes, animals do kill each other
What do you think humans and animals are part of?
Nature
>>
Humans are small time compared to asteroids etc.
>>
>I have been thinking that Nature is the most noble thing on Earth, followed by Animals, followed by Humans. Most humans act like a destructive plague, destroying nature and killing animals and other humans for no reason whatsoever. If I was God, I would hate humans for ruining nature and killing innocent beings. So it is my theory that nature and animals are above humans.

wow that's amazing. there's nothing i could recommend that would be greater than if you were published yourself
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.