[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are Albert Camus' best work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: albert-camus.jpg (202 KB, 1381x874) Image search: [Google]
albert-camus.jpg
202 KB, 1381x874
What are Albert Camus' best work?
>>
The Plague has impressed me the most.
>>
>>7859909

Sisyphus shrugged desu senpai
>>
>>7859909
>are
I would say his best work are The Fall.
>>
>>7859909
he looks like a badass
>>
File: 38.jpg (55 KB, 960x876) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
55 KB, 960x876
>>7859996

>Sisyphus just needs 2 b himself

I immediately dropped Camus and threw out all his work
>>
>>7859909
"The Stranger" by far one of his best books
>>
>>7859960
Why? What's impressive about it?
>>
>>7860950
The part about sisyphus is actualy the last chapter. Before that he makes a bunch of interesting statements.
>>
>>7861111
I just found it kind of annoying. Like why is a guy drinking coffee a sign of him not caring that his mother is dead? It's retarded. And even if he doesn't care, what the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>7861316
did you run out of hunger games books to read? have you tried the twilight saga?
>>
>>7861316
>people manage to not understand Albert "the theme is my explicitly stated philosophy'" Camus
How is this even possible. Did you even finish the book?
>>
>>7860950
'Be yourself' is actually good advice though
>inb4 angry robots
>>
The Stranger is a good starting point but his best novel is The Plague - from a more mature perspective - the "absurdism" of The Stranger sometimes edges into nihilism. Both good though, as are Myth of Sisyphus and The Fall.
>>
>>7861332
how do you know what "being yourself" is compared to following other peoples opinions
>>
What do you guys think of his plays?
>>
>le no meaning to life maek it urself *holds up spork*
>>
>>7861335
Seconding La Peste. It's a good novel in its own right, regardless of your level of study in philosophy.
>>
The fall fo sho
>>
>>7861111
I read it in high school but I don't think I gotten enough from it.
>>
>>7861357
Intensely dislike them. I have only read them so perhaps a performance could change my mind, but I doubt it.
>>
>>7860950
Kek, Camus really is probably the most ignorant normie 'philosopher' there ever was.
>>
>>7860950
take that childish nature back to your mother
>>
>>7861332
>robots
there should only be humans here
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.