[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what would Melville's political views be described as today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzIxOTgzNTAx.jpg (142 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzIxOTgzNTAx.jpg
142 KB, 1200x1200
what would Melville's political views be described as today?
>>
>>7859838
Paul mccartney really is getting old huh
>>
>>7859860
what was the point of posting this?
>>
bump I need help /lit/
>>
>>7859919
You can do your own homework
>>
>>7859924
I just read bartleby and I'm honestly just trying to figure out how Melville's politics could apply to modern times. I was thinking he'd be close to noam chomsky but it would also be easy to just call him a plain anarchist. what difference does it make bitch?
>>
>>7859885
>requiring a purpose to post
you haven't unlocked The Secret have you
>>
>>7859933
I have actually that's why I asked what I did
>>
File: 1453768361456.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1453768361456.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
>>7859931
>I was thinking he'd be close to noam chomsky
>>
>>7859949
w-why?
>>
He would legalize whale hunting.
>>
Thoughtcrime
>>
bumping again
>>
>>7859838
Even the most 'progressive' of victorians would be so horrified of modern degeneracy that they would flock to the alt-right
>>
>>7861708
I'm not really thinking about how he would respond to current circumstances I just read Bartleby for the first time and I'm trying to figure out what his views would be labeled as today to try to better understand the story
>>
The great Nazi jurist Carl Schmitt admired Melville above all other prose authors and personally identified with the plight of Benito Cereno - a man whose haunting tale, so expertly woven by the master American Romantic, symbolised perfectly the waning of sovereignty and the vicious reality of so-called liberal democracy.

He would be a Nazi for sure.
>>
15 posts and 90% of them are just try hard shitposts. this board is trash
>>
"One would like to have filmed him at breakfast, feeding a sardine to his cat." - Nabokov
>>
>>7861891
yep>>7861910
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.