[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is der any good blck literture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/what_white_people_are_hiding.htm

Im tired of seeing white bullshit here all the time.
Why dont you niggas post some of the real shit. Oh I forgot, because shakespeare was black and you guys lied
>>
>>7859304
touche OP
>>
Name one black author who wrote about anything other than the struggles of being black.
>>
Autobiography of Malcolm X is necessary. Native Son, Invisible Man, If He Hollers Let Him Go, and Go Tell It On the Mountain/Giovanni's Room are all necessary African American fiction. For non-fiction I've been really into Fanon, Fred Moten, and of course Baldwin's essays. The Fire Next Time is probably the quintessential non-fiction introduction on the epistemological underpinnings of what it means to be black in America. Shit is so heavy.
>>
>>7859334
Nigga I mean some shit I could read, if something is hard its just stupid, probly made by whitey to confuse us. I mean like JK rolling, thats a good writer, post the good stuff by blacks, the ecuibalent of a harry potter story.
>>
>>7859304
nigga get on that ishmael reed grind

start with mumbo jumbo.
>>
File: 71qLnZuj5SL.jpg (138 KB, 792x1219) Image search: [Google]
71qLnZuj5SL.jpg
138 KB, 792x1219
>>7859304
<<<Start here
>>
>>7860890
African propaganda, ignore it, denying the good colonial rule had brought Africa is idiotic and only adds evidence to Africans having the lowest IQs in the world.

Also,

>blck literture
>good

None.
>>
Thomas Sowell

Nothing else
>>
>>7860890
ìs this any good?
>>
>>7860971
>ìs this any good?
depends
how do you feel about yams?
>>
File: 317.png (134 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134 KB, 600x601
>>7859344
>>
File: 042612-music-2chainz.png (785 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
042612-music-2chainz.png
785 KB, 1200x675
pic related
>>
>>7860971
It really isn't.
>>
Is hating whitey necessary to be a patrician black man? I've noticed all the really decent black writers--WEB DuBois, Malcolm X, Ralph Ellison, James Baldwin--hated whitey.
>>
>>7861190
You can't be a patrician if you hate whites.
Same thing applies to hating Jews.
>>
>>7859304
white racist detected
>>
>>7859344
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7860920
>the few unintentional positive things that have happened along the way outweigh the malicious, horrible things that were done
And you are wondering why white males are getting their anus rekt left and right these days.
>>
File: 080915164519-large2.jpg (33 KB, 510x680) Image search: [Google]
080915164519-large2.jpg
33 KB, 510x680
>>7859329
>he hasn't read Giovanni's Room
>>
>>7859344
Man are you even trying? Have you talked to a single black person in your life?
>>
File: 19-v_2h_Vasnetsov.jpg (1 MB, 4560x2565) Image search: [Google]
19-v_2h_Vasnetsov.jpg
1 MB, 4560x2565
>>7861426
If not for slavery and colonialism, modern Africans would be living in mud huts and hunting with spears. Any modern black person in America has benefitted from slavery more than any white person. I'm not saying that slavery was okay. I'm just saying that the consequences of it have clearly benefitted blacks. The only way a black person can justify being mad at slavery is if they would rather live in precolonial Africa than in modern America.
>>
langston hughes
maya angelou
chad butler
>>
>>7859329
there have been a few but they don't really fit into the white narrative of what black people are capable of writing so they're often overlooked in the 'black canon'
>>
File: Invisible_Man.jpg (6 KB, 199x300) Image search: [Google]
Invisible_Man.jpg
6 KB, 199x300
Invisible Man isn't bad.
>>
>>7860920
You clearly didn't read the book, or at the very least, you didn't understand it.
>>
>>7861457
what a muddled response
>>
>>7859329
I'm not agreeing with OP, but Dumas was Haitian.
>>
>>7861457
>I'm just saying that the consequences of it have clearly benefitted blacks
>they've been introduced to our toxic system of capitalism
>they've been introduced to assault rifles and other weapons which have helped certain african warlords rise to power and carry out mass genocide
The argument you're using is ridiculous. It's completely subjective whether or not they're "better off" now. This is the same argument people use who say BNW is a utopia
>>
>>7861509
>toxic system of capitalism
When you say things like this are you actually being serious? Do you realize how absurd it is to speak from a position of unbelievable privilege and luxury given to you directly by capitalism and say these things?
>>
>>7861515
>i live in luxury therefor everyone who has been exposed to capitalism also lives in luxury
>THAT LITERALLY EXPLAINS AFRICA
>>
>>7859304
Hello /pol/
>>
>>7861519
Africa is literally more wealthy than they were before capitalism.
>>
>>7861523
that doesn't necessarily translate to luxury
>>
>>7861473
Thanks for the refutation.
>>7861509
Did you read my post? I said that blacks who want a return to the precolonial African way of life have the right to be mad about colonialism and slavery. Blacks who do not have no right to whine. The very thing they are whining about brought them to America, which they would never want to undo.
>>
>>7861527
Blacks who want a return to precolonial life have a right to be indignant. Blacks who like the technology, quality-of-life improvements, and modernization should just shut up and make the best of what they have.
>>
>>7861563
>thanks for the wheelchair even though you broke my legs
>>
>>7861457
It also tcaused a ridiculous amount of death and suffering. Modern technology could have been brought to them without conquest or slavery.
>>
>>7861636
What incentive would there have been for doing so?
>>
>>7861585
Holy fuck you're dense. Read my argument again and see if you can get it through your skull. If you're black and you won't trade this life for an African precolonial one, you have no right to complain.
>>
>>7861636
>Implying Euros would have given them shit
Right.
>>
>>7861741
Of course he has a right to complain because you brought him your freedoms you fat american pig
>>
>>7861780
Ummm... you do realize you're speaking to someone who isn't from that era right?
>>
>>7860953
This. Only this.
>>
>>7861471
Recommended.
>>
>>7859304
don't be so ungrateful

or at least, try
>>
>>7861076
KEK
>>
>>7862289
>holding me accountable for the actions of my ancestors

Truly the American Dream
>>
>>7859304
>WE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkaX6tyq9pI
>>
>>7861426
>>7861473
>>7861509
>>7861519
>>7861527
>>7861585
>>7861636

disregarding that one other retard (though I agree with his general sentiment), applying contemporary standards of "morals" or whatever spooky metrics you can think of is silly.

Unless of course you think your current conception of morality, the postmodernist progressive morality, is the ultimate and final moral codex which we should use as the basis of moral absolutism.

Empires are built on mounds of unjust graves. Your existence in the 21st century is in itself a crime to nature. You live, you breathe, you consume in this massive global capitalistic system and each moment you spend not being dead just makes you complicit in the utter destruction of this planet.

So unless you want to feel constantly guilty all the time, because why would you feel guilty for something and then not something else [and how would you determine what's worth feeling guilty about], I suggest you get over the hacky post colonial "whitey did us wrong" tripe and move onto thoughts more transformative
>>
>>7859329
There are very few. Why is that? Why are these people seemingly incapable of producing fictional content that is divorced from their race? Why do they inject their shiity race-baiting politics into literally everything they do? It's frustrating. If you treat minorities like regular people in 2016 you're deemed a racist. What you're supposed to do is treat them like holy beings who can do no wrong. Their race matters more than their character, personality, and accomplishments. MLK didn't die for this shit. Fuck liberals.
>>
>>7864222
because "black", meaning AfAm, authors have no conception of culture beyond slavery-civil rights movement-black community decay.

the idea of struggle runs through their collective consciousness and the biggest source of material for that kind of narrative is slavery and race.
>>
>>7864200
>postmodernist progressive morality
contradiction in terms senpai
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.