[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to local book store looking for Dubliners >three different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: bbHK7cv.gif (1 MB, 399x344) Image search: [Google]
bbHK7cv.gif
1 MB, 399x344
>go to local book store looking for Dubliners
>three different versions
>one has deckled pages
>one has a typo on the first page of the introduction
>one is really bent and beat up yet is being sold as new

Why do physical bookstores exist again?

Also, can anyone tell me the best versions of Dubliners and Heart of Darkness? I love them both so I want to buy a copy of each.
>>
>>7859120
deckled pages are cool you fucking weirdo
>>
>>7859126
They just make it a pain to precisely turn pages.
>>
>>7859120
You passed up the deckled edge one just for the fucking autism of it? Unless the decked edges cut into the text itself, who gives a shit.
Fuck off.
>>
>>7859120
unf that girl lives like 10 minutes from me. also you have the 'tism. just buy one off the internet, dingus.
>>
>>7859120
who is this sea faring wench
>>
>>7859120
Physical bookstores are comfy. I like how they smell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YD6uZkq1NM
Her face after she cracks them sends my dick into conniptions.
>>
>>7859120
ask for dub-liners
>>
>>7859438
I'd love her to be overly attached to me
>>
i hate when i buy a book online and it's deckled. literally the fucking worst.
>>
>>7859120
>>7859130
>>7859577
deckled books became a sign of sophistication and a quality of book bought by rich people because they were more expensive and marketed as old fashioned and hand made after the coming-about of the current way we print books
>>
>>7859120
I just want to see this girl's tits
>>
>>7859635
I sometimes find them annoying in practice, because flipping regular pages is a lot smoother, but I won't boycott an edition of a book for having them.
>>
>>7859441
I remember thid
>>
>>7859438
lol so randumb XD

do millennials actually think this is funny?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.