[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite Bible book, /lit/? I love Ecclesiastes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: attachment.jpg (96 KB, 459x651) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
96 KB, 459x651
What's your favourite Bible book, /lit/?

I love Ecclesiastes but I'm reading Job for the first time now and it's great.
>>
>>7858108

Old Testament: Psalms
New Testament: Gospel of John
>>
>>7858113
>john
good taste lad
>>
The favorite of the non religious: Revelation
The favorite of the non religious intellectual: Ecclesiastes
The favorite of the religious: One of the gospels
The favorite of the religious intellectual: Job
>>
Ecclesiastes is the shit. I read that once in Sunday School when I was bored, blew my mind. They should've called that one Revelations. Job is amazing too. I was always pissed that we never read Ecclesiastes or Job in Church, just the same tired Genesis and Gospel passages.
>>
>>7858175
gospels are pretty good though as long as jesus is speaking. his homies are all trash.
>>
revelations
>>
>>7858196
People take every thing said in the gospels too seriously. I don't mean that by questioning the events, I mean that by what the disciples say. I think John wrote his gospel 30 years after resurrection and he really brought Australian tier bantz. Like whenever he was explaining the reaction of Mary Magdalene and said "She came running to Simon Peter and to the disciple that Jesus loved." which he was obviously referring to himself.
>>
>>7860236

wew lad, looks like you spared him no expense
>>
>>7860054
>revelations
Not plural, just Revelation
>>
Gospel of Thomas

>inb4 heretic

fite me
>>
The favorite of the edgy teenager: The Gospel of Thomas
>>
File: david tibet.jpg (120 KB, 600x916) Image search: [Google]
david tibet.jpg
120 KB, 600x916
>>7860482
>not the gospel of mary magalene

Nothing like a gnostic whore to sharpen that edge.
>>
>>7858131
Job is wonderful.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.