[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any books where there are tons of non sequitur and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: CT0tCSTUYAAWUDM.jpg large.jpg (74 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CT0tCSTUYAAWUDM.jpg large.jpg
74 KB, 768x1024
are there any books where there are tons of non sequitur and it almost feels like looking inside the mind of a schizo?
>>
Diary desu my
>>
Henri Michaux very much. But it seems that "A Certain Plume" is not even available in English. Very unfortunate.

Daniil Kharms is similar.

ps: What the hell is that in the upper right corner of OP pic?
>>
Ulysses
>>
>>7856729

finnegans wake
>>
is it true that /lit/ becomes more high test once the weather starts getting warmer?
>>
>>7856757
A mirror reflecting a computer chair and a framed picture of nude woman with disproportionately large hips.
>>
>>7856729
I'm trying my best, the cohesion proccess is slow, I'll tell you when Im done
>>
A Scanner Darkly kind of portrays this. It has some elements but it's more of a physiological thriller than anything else.
>>
>>7856729

Nobody on /lit/ would ever hit that because they're all into deformed chicks with glasses and saggy tits.
>>
Wittgenstein's Mistress
>>
>>7857578
Nice projection.
>>
VALIS
Memoirs of my Nervous Illness
>>
>>7857578
what's the matter honey? dressed up like a slut and only got hit on by black guys and puerto ricans? sorry, educated white men aren't interested in whores
>>
>>7856729

Hot, but I prefer the nerdier, shy latinas. They suppress their passion, which means they explode once you get them in bed :x
>>
>>7857600
> implying you're educated
> implying you have standards
> implying anyone in this board is an intellectual.
>>
>>7856729
Catch-22, but his Picture This does it too, and is a much better book.
>>
>>7856729
I"ll tell you what it's like inside the mind of a schizo.

Imagine you're driving your car to work, you're in your late twenties and this is the first or second gig you've landed in the field of your degree. Bit of a commute but you're ok with it.

Youre driving your shitty little honda civic the half hour commute and about halfway through you notice the engine sound changes. The change in stimulus is notable, it's not the normal whiny civic signature you've adapted to and ignored.
You turn off the radio and pay close attention. Can't quite put a finger on the issue, maybe it's the belt? It's an old car, maybe you'll have to get it serviced soon.

Radio's back on, youre nearly to work, and that goddamn engine sound is just about the most annoying thing you can think of. WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with it. You pull over and turn off the engine and that goddamn sound is still coming from the block. You get out and pop the hood, check everything. You're night trying to die on your commute to your shitty job, everyone hates you there anyway. Karen from accounting would probably laugh if you crashed on the way. fucking bitch.
Back in the car, radio on full blast and you can't NOT hear this stupid engine buzz. Like if a thousand shrill mouse squeaks could be sustained without rest.

If you grit your teeth and focus on that godawful sound and you know it's probably just the frustration but for a second there you could swear it sounded like it was whispering to you.

Over the course of the next few commutes the whispering gets louder, it's saying awful slurs and nasty things about you. It's saying you can't trust your girlfriend of three years, your mother and father hate you. Starting to believe it.

Quit your job but the sound from that stupid engine is still there. Even when you're not in the car. All the time. While you sleep.
>>
>>7857650
yes, thank you
>>
>>7857861
You're a neurotypical larping as abnormal because you think it's deep.
schizo wouldn't have a degree in the first place
>>
>>7857861
Sometimes I think it's like being on lsd perpetually.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Can't even with this slut
>>
>>7857877
haha what
>>
>>7857871
Nah that's just what I've heard from patients. It's a tragedy, I don't know why edgy teens want to be mentally ill.

But it hits in mid to late twenties typically.
>>
>>7857876
Definitely less fun.
>>
There are many books written by schizos and they're not really interesting.

They have one obsessive idea and they repeat it over and over and over. They're like stuck in a loop or something.

And they write as if they were constantly distracted by this one idea, in a careless manner; no punctuation, all caps, things like that.
>>
>>7857877

tell her she looks bad in the shower.
>>
File: EcHkdop.png (767 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
EcHkdop.png
767 KB, 800x800
>>7857887
It's not always fun. I've been on low doses of lsd in unfamiliar places. With low doses you don't get any visual hallucinations but the behavior and train of thought changes.

I got lost in the street at night once, I think I even slept in the street. I was behaving like a hobbo. Suddenly I regained consciousness in the morning and went home.
>>
>>7856729
Gravity's Rainbow
>>
>>7857877
If you don't want to fuck her I'd happily do it.
>>
The Red-Haired Man
(or ‘Blue Notebook No. 10’)

There was a red-haired man who had no eyes or ears. Neither did he have any hair, so he was called red-haired theoretically.
He couldn’t speak, since he didn’t have a mouth. Neither did he have a nose.
He didn’t even have any arms or legs. He had no stomach and he had no back and he had no spine and he had no innards whatsoever. He had nothing at all! Therefore there’s no knowing whom we are even talking about.
In fact it’s better that we don’t say any more about him.

(1937)
>>
The Trunk

A thin-necked man climbed into a trunk, shut the lid behind him and began gasping for breath.
– So – said the thin-necked man, gasping for breath – I am gasping for breath in this trunk because I’ve got a thin neck. The lid of the trunk is down and isn’t letting any air in. I shall be gasping for breath, but all the same I won’t open the lid of the trunk. I shall be gradually dying. I shall see the struggle of life and death. The battle which takes place will be an unnatural one, with the chances equal, because under natural conditions death triumphs, and life, doomed to death, merely struggles in vain with the enemy, clinging until the last minute to a futile hope. But in the struggle which will take place now, life will be cognizant of the means of victory: to achieve this life will have to force my hands to open the lid of the trunk. We shall see who will win! Only there’s an awful smell of napthalene. If life triumphs I shall powder all the things in the trunk with makhorka.* So, it has begun: I can’t breathe any more. I’m finished, that’s clear. There’s no saving me now! And there are no lofty thoughts in my head. I’m suffocating!
– Hey! What’s that then? Something just happened but I can’t make out exactly what. I saw something or heard something …
– Hey! Something happened again. My God! There’s nothing to breath. It seems I’m dying …
– And now what’s that then? Why am I singing? My neck seems to be hurting … But where’s the trunk? Why can I see all the things in the room? And I seem to be lying on the floor! But where’s the trunk?
The man with the thin neck got up from the floor and looked round. The trunk was nowhere around. On the chairs and on the bed lay things which had been pulled out of the trunk, but the trunk was nowhere around.
The thin-necked man said:
– So, life has triumphed over death by means unknown to me.
>>
Beckett - The Unnamable. The whole book is like that, not just fragments.
>>
>>7857527
>>7856766
ur looking into the mind of a genius :^)
>>
Kalindov

Kalindov was standing on tip-toe and peering at me straight in the face. I found this unpleasant. I turned aside but Kalindov ran round me and was again peering at me straight in the face. I tried shielding myself from Kalindov with a newspaper. But Kalindov outwitted me: he set my newspaper alight and, when it flared up, I dropped it on the floor and Kalindov again began peering at me straight in the face. Slowly retreating, I repaired behind the cupboard and there, for a few moments. I enjoyed a break from the importunate stares of Kalindov. But my break was not prolonged: Kalindov crawled up to the cupboard on all fours and peered up at me from below. My patience ran out; I screwed up my eyes and booted Kalindov in the face.
When I opened my eyes, Kalindov was standing in front of me, his mug bloodied and mouth lacerated, peering at me straight in the face as before.

(1930)
>>
>>7856729
The one I'm writing desu.
>>
>>7858445
u wrote that? shit was p aiight even gud i might say
>>
>>7858460
Well this is horrifying
>>
>>7858445
oh never mind it's by that "today i wrote nothing" faggot, who i never read or had any interest in because i hate books about writing, being a writer or any other kind of wannabe-writer bait shit, but that was decent
>>
>>7858460
anime abuse, called peta
>>
>>7858499
>>7858516
you're a fucking dumbass my man
>>
More Kharms, just 'cause

Clunk

Summer. A writing table. A door to the right. A picture on the wall. The picture is a drawing of a horse, the horse has a gypsy in its teeth. Olga Petrovna is chopping wood. At every blow Olga Petrovna’s pince-nez leaps from her nose. Yevdokim Osipovich is seated in an arm-chair smoking.
OLGA PETROVNA (strikes with the chopper at the log, which, however, does not as much as splinter)
YEVDOKIM OSIPOVICH Clunk!
OLGA PETROVNA (putting on her pince-nez, swipes at the log)
OLGA PETROVNA (putting on her pince-nez): Yevdokim Osipovich! I implore you, don’t keep saying that word ‘clunk’.
YEVDOKIM OSIPOVICH Very well, very well.
OLGA PETROVNA (striking with the chopper at the log)
OLGA PETROVNA Yevdokim Osipovich. You promised not to keep saying that word ‘clunk’.
YEVDOKIM OSIPOVICH Very well, very well, Olga Petrovna. I won’t any more.
OLGA PETROVNA (striking with the chopper at log)
OLGA PETROVNA (putting on her pince-nez): This is disgraceful. A grown-up, middle-aged man, and he doesn’t understand a simple human request.
YEVDOKIM OSIPOVICH Olga Petrovna! You may carry on with your work in peace. I won’t disturb you any more.
OLGA PETROVNA I implore you, I really implore you: let me chop this log at least.
YEVDOKIM OSIPOVICH Chop away, of course you can, chop away.
OLGA PETROVNA (striking with chopper at log)
Olga Petrovna drops the chopper, opens her mouth, but is unable to say anything. Yevdokim Osipovich gets up from the arm-chair, looks Olga Petrovna up and down and slowly walks away. Olga Petrovna stands immobile, mouth open, and gazes after the retreating Yevdokim Osipovich.

(slow curtain)
>>
Daniil Kharms to Aleksandr Vvedensky

Dear Aleksandr Ivanovich,

I have heard that you are saving money and have already saved thirty-five thousand. What for? Why save money? Why not share what you have with those who do not even have a totally spare pair of trousers? I mean, what is money? I have studied this question. I possess photographs of the banknotes in widest circulation: to the value of a rouble, three, four and even five roubles. I have heard of banknotes of an intrinsic worth of up to 30 roubles at a time! But, as for saving them: what for? Well, I am not a collector. I have always despised collectors who amass stamps, feathers, buttons, onions and so on. They are stupid, dull superstitious people. I know for example that what are called ‘numismatists’ – that’s those who accumulate coins – have the superstitious habit of putting them, have you ever thought where? Not on the table, not in box, but … on their books! What do you think of that? Whereas money can be picked up, taken to a shop and exchanged, well … let’s say for soup (that’s a kind of food), or for grey-mullet sauce (that’s also a kind of foodstuff).
No, Aleksandr Ivanovich, you are almost as couth a person as I, yet you save money and don’t change it into a range of other things. Forgive me, dear Aleksandr Ivanovich, but that is not terribly clever! You’ve simply gone a little stupid living out there in the provinces. There must be no one to talk to, even. I’m sending you my picture so that you will be able at least to see before you a clever, cultivated, intellectual, first-rate face.
Your friend Daniil Kharms
>>
>>7858453
>El Inmamable
>>
>>7857871
>schizo wouldn't have a degree in the first place
Why not?
>>
>>7857882
Have any descriptions and experiences written by actual schizophrenics?
>>
>>7859757
I mostly work with addicts so I have a lot of writing about first encountering certain types of drugs and stuff, the schizophrenia thing is just very common among this group. Fucking sad. Not cool or scary.
>>
>>7859778
>>7859778
>Fucking sad. Not cool or scary.
Uh...ok? My question is can you post writings regarding the schizophrenics?
>>
>>7857871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpgOg8Oa7G0

Do you think this guy has schizophrenia?
>>
>>7859819
He certainly has bone structure.
>>
>>7859785
No, and I don't understand just why you want to read this.
>>
When I read things written by schizophrenics my head starts to feel funny and the stuff they say starts to make more and more sense and then I stop because it's a bit scary.
>>
File: 1409721238032.png (261 KB, 758x669) Image search: [Google]
1409721238032.png
261 KB, 758x669
>>7859878
>and I don't understand just why you want to read this.
Are you sure it's not you who's being paranoid here? Are you trying to prove to me and others who read your posts and maybe yourself that you don't have a childish fascination with schizophrenia by projecting it onto me?

Did you think that maybe someone wants to better understand and help others in that scenario? That thought has certainly never crossed your mind, despite you working in the mental field! How shameful you are. Pathetic.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.