[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books on Nihilism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1457277578947.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457277578947.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
What are some good books on Nihilism?
>>
fiction and non-fiction are welcome
>>
none because true nihilists don't write since it's pointless
>>
>>7856369
this.
how to get out of this nihilist trap? i want to be a writer.
>>
>>7856369
Existentials like Nietzsches are still fundamentally Nihilists because they don't exactly dismiss the main points
>>
>>7856345
Sextus Empiricus' Outlines of Pyrrhonism is the based guide to nihilism. The same could be said for Nagarjuna's mulamadhyamakakarikas. Both classical Greek skepticism and Buddhist madhyamaka, however, existed within larger cosmological and soteriological structures whereby the tools of deconstruction could be re-appropriated for life-affirming action.

Deracinated from their philosophical context, however, as they are in our decadent-phase syncretistic culture of the spectacle, these two thinkers are the Great Destroyers. Read them at your own peril.
>>
my diary tbqh
>>
Journey to the End of the Night
>>
>>7857493
Write.
>>
>>7856345
>Nihilism
how's kindergarten treating you
>>
>>7859312
it's okay i guess, do you have any books to recommend?
>>
>>7859312
im not a nihilist
>>
http://www.oodegr.co/english/filosofia/nihilism_root_modern_age.htm
>>
File: demons_2015_06.jpg (190 KB, 950x651) Image search: [Google]
demons_2015_06.jpg
190 KB, 950x651
>>7856345
Dostoevsky "Demons"
>>
>>7859811
+1
>>
>>7859811

Stavrogin is nihilist as fuck. Also, Camus and his "Stranger" come to mind. You may also want to check out his "A Happy Death", which is his first novel and the one that Camus later transformed into the Stranger (main characters are both named Mersault and both nihilists).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.