[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Amaranta marry Pietro Crespi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: One-Hundred-Years-of-Solitude.jpg (76 KB, 318x475) Image search: [Google]
One-Hundred-Years-of-Solitude.jpg
76 KB, 318x475
Why didn't Amaranta marry Pietro Crespi?
>>
I only just finished reading and there's so much shit to think about, but I have the impression she was just acting out of spite against him and Rebecca at that point.
>>
>>7852834

the way i remember it, she hates herself. so much that she does shit like ignore pietro out of spite, only to regret it instantly afterwards, fueling the self hatred. thats basically her whole character.
>>
can you remind me what happened? Was he supposed to marry Rebecca until she rejected him or something? Did he kill himself after he was rejected by Amaranta?

What page is it I might reread it
>>
>>7853853
He was supposed to marry Rebeca, then Jose "Long Dong" Arcadio comes back to town and Rebeca marries him. Amaranta, who has been wanting to marry Pietro for the last 10 billion years, starts flirting with him. Pietro falls in love with her, then proposes, and she says she would never in her life consider marrying him. He kills himself after that.

The upsetting thing is that she does that shit again to that one friend of Aureliano in the army. What the fuck is her deal with rejecting people she's in love with?
>>
>>7852834
she has a sense of pride so overbearing that it prevents her from actually marrying pietro, who was first interested in rebeca. at least, this is what i felt was the cause of her decision; or perhaps her grief over feeling responsible about the little girl dying. i can't really remember it's been a while.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.