[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the best books and essays that talk about the role of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: th.jpg (2 KB, 239x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
2 KB, 239x300
what are the best books and essays that talk about the role of artists in society?
>>
they have no role in society. don't let the leftists fool you
>>
>>7851849
the reason liberals are smarter than conservatives is because they actually see the value in art
>>
Doktor Faustus by Th. Mann
>>
>>7851840
A confession by tolstoy
>>7851849
Prove the existence of an immortal soul
>>
>>7851867
prove that you're not a total fag (pro tip: you can't)
>>
absolutely nothing.

That's all the books/essays you need
>>
File: laughing-man-pointing-37969508.jpg (97 KB, 1300x1344) Image search: [Google]
laughing-man-pointing-37969508.jpg
97 KB, 1300x1344
>>7851856
>liberals smarter than conservatives

good one. dont hear that joke often
>>
>>7851876
if you think art has no value you are unintelligent and a hypocrite, sorry
>>
Bordieu is an excellent starting point. Baudelaire's "The Painter of Modern Life" serves as an elusive introduction too.
>>
File: 12.jpg (77 KB, 790x360) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
77 KB, 790x360
>>7851868
>prove that you're not a total fag
My anus isn't loose.

Btw, why such animosity, I've hit a sensitive nerve of you?
>>
>>7851909
this pic is blurry af, you're a gaylord
>>
File: 1453556700331.jpg (127 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
1453556700331.jpg
127 KB, 576x635
>>7851840
"In a field of ripening corn I came to a place which had been trampled down by some ruthless foot; and as I glanced amongst the countless stalks, every one of them alike, standing there so erect and bearing the full weight of the ear, I saw a multitude of different flowers, red and blue and violet. How pretty they looked as they grew there so naturally with their little foliage! But, thought I, they are quite useless; they bear no fruit; they are mere weeds, suffered to remain only because there is no getting rid of them. And yet, but for these flowers, there would be nothing to charm the eye in that wilderness of stalks. They are emblematic of poetry and art, which, in civic life—so severe, but still useful and not without its fruit—play the same part as flowers in the corn."
>>
>>7851915
if i were gay you'd be more comfortable?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.